Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp, I'm very sorry to keep bugging you like this, but I have just gone through the entire process of re-downloading and applying the cpu microcode using UBU and mmt tools. I also had to edit the hex code of the update file as the post by eqwipt, BUT overclock is still not enabled. I have checked all possible places where I could have made an error, but couldn't find any issuse per se. I am also running the latest version of 10.13.6 (I am on 17G3025).

Do you mind going over everything once with a fine-toothed comb and help me figure out a problem with my setup please? I will be really obliged...

Jasper

I cannot do more than I already did. Just take care that the proper xcpm patches and plugintype are enabled in your config.plist and that you have TSCAdjustReset.kext in your EFI-Folder. Else I would once more double check your CPU Bios settings.

Good luck,

KGP

I cannot do more than I already did. Just take care that the proper xcpm patches and plugintype are enabled in your config.plist and that you have TSCAdjustReset.kext in your EFI-Folder. Else I would once more double check your CPU Bios settings.

Good luck,

KGP

Yes, I can understand that after a point, the whole Hackintosh paradigm is filled with quirks. I guess I can live with the performance I am getting thus far...

Thanks for all the hard work and help!

Hi KPG
First i really want to say thank you for the effort and passion you`re putting into this guide! merci !

so, here is my little problem. since i changed a few days ago my GPU from a MSI Armor GTX 980 TI to a Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56 Pulse 8tb to avoid all this Nvidia issues i’m facing mouse cursor lags (see mouselag.mov attached).

I have a multiple Monitor Setup (LG Electronics 38UC99-W -> DP / Samsung QB75H -> DP / Benq GL2450-T -> DP to DVI). The issue only appears when i connect more then one Monitor at the same time and it immediately disappears when i connect only one Monitor.

it seems that this is a known issue and has to do with correct Framebuffers. it should be solved by adding Whatevergreen.kext right?

an other issue is that after turning off power of the displays Benq stays black after turing on again.

I implemented your VEGA SSDT, I have the Whatevergreen.kext /lillu in my efi folder, I replaced the ROM of the Vega to a fully UEFI Supported Version.
noting works so far. can you maybe help me with this issue?

thank you in advance.

My System:
Asus X99-DELUXE II
Intel Core i7 6950X @4.2 GHz
Radeon RX Vega 56 Sapphire Pulse Aktiv 8GB
8x Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB
Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB
4x Samsung 850 Evo 2.5 1TB
1000 Watt be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11

Attachments

• My System.zip
    30.1 MB · Views: 78
Hi KPG
First i really want to say thank you for the effort and passion you`re putting into this guide! merci !

so, here is my little problem. since i changed a few days ago my GPU from a MSI Armor GTX 980 TI to a Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56 Pulse 8tb to avoid all this Nvidia issues i’m facing mouse cursor lags (see mouselag.mov attached).

I have a multiple Monitor Setup (LG Electronics 38UC99-W -> DP / Samsung QB75H -> DP / Benq GL2450-T -> DP to DVI). The issue only appears when i connect more then one Monitor at the same time and it immediately disappears when i connect only one Monitor.

it seems that this is a known issue and has to do with correct Framebuffers. it should be solved by adding Whatevergreen.kext right?

an other issue is that after turning off power of the displays Benq stays black after turing on again.

I implemented your VEGA SSDT, I have the Whatevergreen.kext /lillu in my efi folder, I replaced the ROM of the Vega to a fully UEFI Supported Version.
noting works so far. can you maybe help me with this issue?

thank you in advance.

My System:
Asus X99-DELUXE II
Intel Core i7 6950X @4.2 GHz
Radeon RX Vega 56 Sapphire Pulse Aktiv 8GB
8x Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB
Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB
4x Samsung 850 Evo 2.5 1TB
1000 Watt be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11

Does it help if you remove the GPuSensor.kext for the EFi-Folder?

Dear KGP!
Could you help me please with the sleep problem, PCI devices and HDMI/DP Audio PCI implementation?
All information about my hack is attached.

Dear KGP!
I'm exhausted for my scattering, but it seems I forgot to attach the file with hardware description.

My hardware are following:
ASUS Sabertooth X99
i7-5930K
Corsair H110 CPU Cooler
PNY Quadro K2200
G.SKILL Ripjaws DR4 2400MHz 32GB
OCZ RD400 SSD NVMe M.2 512GB
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD
2 x Segate Barracuda 3 TB (no RAID)
Power Supply Corsair HX1000 1000W

Dear KGP!
Could you help me please with the sleep problem, PCI devices and HDMI/DP Audio PCI implementation?
All information about my hack is attached.

Dear KGP!
I'm exhausted for my scattering, but it seems I forgot to attach the file

ASUS Sabertooth X99
i7-5930K
Corsair H110 CPU Cooler
PNY Quadro K2200
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD

Dear KGP!
I'm exhausted for my scattering, but it seems I forgot to attach the file

ASUS Sabertooth X99
i7-5930K
Corsair H110 CPU Cooler
PNY Quadro K2200
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD

Who told you to enable Apple RTC and AppleCPUPM in config.plist?

If I correctly remember, your MSR is unlocked for kernel write. If so, disable _xcpm_core_scope_msrs kernel patch in config.plist

SSDT-X99-XHC2.aml, SSDT-X99-ANS1.aml (NVMe) and SSDT-X99-ETH0.aml (you have 2 LAN ports!) are not properly implemented. Investigate your IOREG.

Do you use any BT/WIFI adapter? If so please also implement SSDT-X99-ARPT.aml.

Good luck,

KGP

Who told you to enable Apple RTC and AppleCPUPM in config.plist? ......
KGP
Many thanks for errors checking and PCI implementation... but sleep problem is still relevant :cry:

Many thanks for errors checking and PCI implementation... but sleep problem is still relevant :cry:

Are you sure that you fixed all addressed flaws and errors?

Are you sure that you fixed all addressed flaws and errors?
It seems to me that everything:
I corrected the notes in the config.plist, disabled the second LAN port and added SSDT patches to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back