Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti Waterforce
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
oh sorry yes right,
I was focusing on Nvidia only

but concerning dual Vega, how works the dual, so far the GPGPU doesnt work like CUDA (Nvidia)
don't know how open CL can use it super well
also I am curious to know how is the benefits on metal or metal 2 (with FCPX or any programs pretty greedy in ressources) :)

I remember a topic on tonymac and also a post on this topic about a person with dual Vega but the second one was used to extend the number of screens not the parallel computing :(

ad.1) I would rather say that does not like any dual Nvidia GPU configuration. There is no problem with a dual Vega configuration though. ;)

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X99 TUF
CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
And it will not do

I had to deal with playing with HT on and off,
I posted many many messages here about that, as I didnt understand at all how HT and dual graphic cards could be linked
i had a workstation working on Sierra only, with full acceleration and dual titan X OC
on high Sierra it never ever worked, but with one card: PERFECT

to resume:
1/ high Sierra doesnt like at all dual graphic cards, my advice: forget dual graphic cards and use ONLY one
2/ sierra is ok if and only if you put HT off on the bios, after Nvidia web driver can work and you will have full acceleration
3/ Mojave: as all Nvidia users: FORGET
Man, I got a perfect install with sierra dual GPU and HT on for 2 years and never got an issue.
That's not a choice, all my professional softwares needs CUDA to work. So there isn't any hope ? I had to revert back to 10.12 ?

Last edited:

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
oh sorry yes right,
I was focusing on Nvidia only

but concerning dual Vega, how works the dual, so far the GPGPU doesnt work like CUDA (Nvidia)
don't know how open CL can use it super well
also I am curious to know how is the benefits on metal or metal 2 (with FCPX or any programs pretty greedy in ressources) :)

I remember a topic on tonymac and also a post on this topic about a person with dual Vega but the second one was used to extend the number of screens not the parallel computing :(
I only have a single Vega configuration. Your answer might be better responded by those successfully employing a dual Vega configuration.

Reactions: GDS

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Substantial Revision of Section E.4) - USB Configuration

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sorry had a little error I had to correct. Post updated.
Could you please also upload the fully implemented kext (with all USB connectors implemented and working) to be added to the XHC USB kext library?

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X99 TUF
CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi guys !

I found it ! I found the black sheep !
It came from the setting "Above 4G Decoding". When enabled, macOS won't boot correctly with 2 Nvidia GPUs.
When I turned it off, it boots quickly and my 2 cards are seen by the system with webdrivers.
Do you have any explication ?

I did some benchmarks, for now all seems worked well, I hope it still work like a charm, I'll you stay tuned for the next days.

Thanks for your help, and you can maybe add this trick in your guide for people like me, who have 2x Pascal GPU cards in their builds.

:headbang:

GDS

Motherboard
X99 Deluxe II
CPU
Xeon 2696 v4
Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti Waterforce
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
NICE
can't wait to see your benchmark results ;)

about CUDA,
I found that program developed for MAC are more efficient with METAL (so VEGA) than with a Nvidia ad much more now when PASCAL are not able to keep the OC like Maxwell

unfortunatelly from my side I work in dual boot and the programs I use on WIN10 partition cannot use at all AMD, I cannot render etc etc, only NVidia
so I am locked with my 1080Ti :(

Hi guys !

I found it ! I found the black sheep !
It came from the setting "Above 4G Decoding". When enabled, macOS won't boot correctly with 2 Nvidia GPUs.
:headbang:

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.