CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
The strangest thing is, when it finally came to startup after a few minutes, my cards are not showing up from the Slot 1 & 2. And from the about this mac pop up, there is blank space instead of GPU informations ! o_O

And for informations, I don't think there is any link but I installed macOS on a NVME drive formatted to APFS.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI MB
CPU
i7 6800K
Graphics
RX480
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @kgp

B1.) ASUS Mainboard BIOS Firmware Patching

B.1.1) CPU Microcode Update

I have a gigabyte board X99P-SLI, not sure if it's the same for all Gigabyte boards but i followed your steps, everything loaded in the UBU microcode update but still wouldn't update the bios on my board saying "invalid file". I posted on another board and a user who fixed it for me, what i needed to do was update one byte as per this forum post:

https://www.win-raid.com/t3217f44-OFFER-Gigabyte-GA-Z-Aorus-Gaming-BIOS-mod-5.html#msg56118

after that Bios updated, so not relevant to your board but you might want to put it in your guide for Gigabyte users.

thanks for all your hard work!

Forum i posted in :

https://www.overclock.net/forum/167-intel-bios/1710502-request-uefi-modification-latest-recommended-intel-option-rom-3.html#post27700060

credit goes to HelpDatBIOS

Reactions: kgp

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi @kgp

B1.) ASUS Mainboard BIOS Firmware Patching

B.1.1) CPU Microcode Update

I have a gigabyte board X99P-SLI, not sure if it's the same for all Gigabyte boards but i followed your steps, everything loaded in the UBU microcode update but still wouldn't update the bios on my board saying "invalid file". I posted on another board and a user who fixed it for me, what i needed to do was update one byte as per this forum post:

https://www.win-raid.com/t3217f44-OFFER-Gigabyte-GA-Z-Aorus-Gaming-BIOS-mod-5.html#msg56118

after that Bios updated, so not relevant to your board but you might want to put it in your guide for Gigabyte users.

thanks for all your hard work!

Forum i posted in :

https://www.overclock.net/forum/167-intel-bios/1710502-request-uefi-modification-latest-recommended-intel-option-rom-3.html#post27700060

credit goes to HelpDatBIOS
Side note for Gigabyte users implemented at the end of Section B.1.1, directly referring to your actual post and feedback.

Thanks, man!

GDS

Motherboard
X99 Deluxe II
CPU
Xeon 2696 v4
Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti Waterforce
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
good luck if u can have dual Nvidia stable
i had 2 Maxwell titan X, and with high Sierra: impossible to do anything,
ONE perfect, dual not at all: I had many errors and never the same, so I changed my graphic card and done
high Sierra don"t like dual Nvidia at all
maybe it is possible but with some work
(Sierra was perflectly ok)

The strangest thing is, when it finally came to startup after a few minutes, my cards are not showing up from the Slot 1 & 2. And from the about this mac pop up, there is blank space instead of GPU informations ! o_O

And for informations, I don't think there is any link but I installed macOS on a NVME drive formatted to APFS.

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X99 TUF
CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ye indeed, I made more tests today and it boot well with web drivers when only one GTX 1080 is plugged.
When I try to add the second one, the boot takes so long or it's crashes.

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X99 TUF
CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Turning off Hyperthreading didn't do the tricks for me...

Motherboard
ASUS X99-E WS/USB3.1
CPU
E5-2696 v3
Graphics
Vega FE
You write there, put the files.
Maybe those who have two video cards can help you.

GDS

Motherboard
X99 Deluxe II
CPU
Xeon 2696 v4
Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti Waterforce
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
And it will not do

I had to deal with playing with HT on and off,
I posted many many messages here about that, as I didnt understand at all how HT and dual graphic cards could be linked
i had a workstation working on Sierra only, with full acceleration and dual titan X OC
on high Sierra it never ever worked, but with one card: PERFECT

to resume:
1/ high Sierra doesnt like at all dual graphic cards, my advice: forget dual graphic cards and use ONLY one
2/ sierra is ok if and only if you put HT off on the bios, after Nvidia web driver can work and you will have full acceleration
3/ Mojave: as all Nvidia users: FORGET

You write there, put the files.
Maybe those who have two video cards can help you.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
And it will not do

I had to deal with playing with HT on and off,
I posted many many messages here about that, as I didnt understand at all how HT and dual graphic cards could be linked
i had a workstation working on Sierra only, with full acceleration and dual titan X OC
on high Sierra it never ever worked, but with one card: PERFECT

to resume:
1/ high Sierra doesnt like at all dual graphic cards, my advice: forget dual graphic cards and use ONLY one
2/ sierra is ok if and only if you put HT off on the bios, after Nvidia web driver can work and you will have full acceleration
3/ Mojave: as all Nvidia users: FORGET
ad.1) I would rather say that does not like any dual Nvidia GPU configuration. There is no problem with a dual Vega configuration though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.