Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE:

I was able to get it to boot and install. The issue I’m having now is installing the graphics and usb.

I could only use a mouse when wired and plugged into the keyboard. Haven’t tested any other devices yet.

I installed the nevidia web drivers for my 1060 but it doesn’t read the card.

o.k. take this EFI-Folder instead...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.2 MB · Views: 82
UPDATE:

I was able to get it to boot and install. The issue I’m having now is installing the graphics and usb.

I could only use a mouse when wired and plugged into the keyboard. Haven’t tested any other devices yet.

I installed the nevidia web drivers for my 1060 but it doesn’t read the card.

1.) Clixt-iMacPro-AsusX99E-XHCI-15port.kext.zip

2.) Check NvidiaWeb in config.plist in Section System Parameters of Clover Configurator.

1.) Clixt-iMacPro-AsusX99E-XHCI-15port.kext.zip

2.) Check NvidiaWeb in config.plist in Section System Parameters of Clover Configurator.

Thanks for all your help! I was able to get it installed and 99% working.

1.) . I just can't get the XCPM to work. It functioned fine in 10.12.6. I did all the check to see if it was installed right and everything looked ok.

2.) Will i be able to easily move into 10.14 after this? I have yet to read your whole Mojave guide but it looks very similar to this one.

Again thanks so much for all your help!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2716.jpeg
    IMG_2716.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 73
  • Untitled 1.png
    Untitled 1.png
    35 KB · Views: 63
  • Untitled 2.jpeg
    Untitled 2.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Untitled 3.jpeg
    Untitled 3.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Untitled 4.jpeg
    Untitled 4.jpeg
    209.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Untitled 1.png
    Untitled 1.png
    35 KB · Views: 66
  • Untitled 2.jpeg
    Untitled 2.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Untitled 3.jpeg
    Untitled 3.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Untitled 4.jpeg
    Untitled 4.jpeg
    209.4 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: kgp
Thanks for all your help! I was able to get it installed and 99% working.

1.) . I just can't get the XCPM to work. It functioned fine in 10.12.6. I did all the check to see if it was installed right and everything looked ok.

2.) Will i be able to easily move into 10.14 after this? I have yet to read your whole Mojave guide but it looks very similar to this one.

Again thanks so much for all your help!!!

ad 1.) Why do you say that your XCPM configuration is not working? Please post an IPG screenshot with CPU Idle and CPU max. load conditions (consecutive Cinebench runs)

ad 2.) For 10.14, you will just have to update the respective XCPM performance patch.

ad 1.) Why do you say that your XCPM configuration is not working? Please post an IPG screenshot with CPU Idle and CPU max. load conditions (consecutive Cinebench runs)

ad 2.) For 10.14, you will just have to update the respective XCPM performance patch.

When running the test iStat still shows the CPU at 1.2 Ghz

Attachments

• cb_ranking.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 69
When running the test iStat still shows the CPU at 1.2 Ghz

Are you with 10.13.6 or 10.13.6 SU? Be careful that you use the respective XCPM performance patch!

ohh... and you did not patch your BIOS firmware and I guess you also did not update the CPU microcodes in the BIOS Firmware.

Thus, very likely no OC in your case, as you are not able to use EZ Flashback with your mobo to flash the modified firmware..

Last edited:
Hi @kgp, as per my post in the wrong thread about not getting optimal performance from my GA X99 UD4 + i7 5820K setup, please find attached the problem reporting files in a zip file. The following are my hardware details:

Gigabyte X99 UD4 motherboard with latest BIOS update
Intel i7 5820K processor
ASUS STRIX OC GeForce GTX960 4 GB
32 GB Corsair DDR4 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Samsung EVO 850 SSD - 256 GB
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 5400 RPM hdd for storage
Seagate 250 GB hdd (dual booting linux)
LG DVD-Writer
Corsair 750 W power supply
Sabrent CR3UIN card reader on USb 3

I am hopeful that you can give me a solution where I can also get max performance (and those sweet horizontal max graphs in Intel Power Gadget) out of my setup as well.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• problem-reporting-files.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 65
Hi @kgp, as per my post in the wrong thread about not getting optimal performance from my GA X99 UD4 + i7 5820K setup, please find attached the problem reporting files in a zip file. The following are my hardware details:

Intel i7 5820K processor
LG DVD-Writer

I am hopeful that you can give me a solution where I can also get max performance (and those sweet horizontal max graphs in Intel Power Gadget) out of my setup as well.

Thanks in advance!

Ummm.. your EFI-Folder o_O..

You are with 10.13.6 or 10.13.6 SU?

Last edited:

Intel i7 5820K processor
LG DVD-Writer

Thanks in advance!

Allright..

I basically rewrote your EFI-Folder! New EFI-Folder for 10.13.6 SU attached below.

You are still with macPro6,1.. you might want to change sometimes to SMBIOS iMacPro1,1

Did you update CPU microcodes in your actual BIOS Firmware? Without this firmware update, OC might not work on your system.

Reinstall vanilla AppleHDA.ext in /S/L/E using kext utility.

As soon your CPU and system works as expected, properly adopt and implement system SSDTs from X99 Github repository. By this, also HDEF will start to work properly. Everything else is now configured for the AppleALC approach.

I have seen that you established a truncated 15-port XHC USB kext for your mobo, great! Port-count was wrong int the kext. Corrected! Could you also provide fully implemented XHC USB kext and implement in both kexts also some port-layout.rtf?

Attachments

• jasperlefi-EFI.zip
    20.2 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back