CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
After uninstall / reinstall nvidia web drivers I got strange results.
Now I can't boot anymore except if I put the flag "nv_disable=1". Otherwise, it's crashing during the boot (no kp but stuck at some lines, and I can hear the GPU Fan).

I tried to check the Nvidia Web, but it's crash again.

The more strangest fact is now the "NVIDIA Web Driver" option is always checked into the pref panel, even I choose "Default macOS driver" and uncheck it into clover....Waaaaa I don't understand at all

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
After uninstall / reinstall nvidia web drivers I got strange results.
Now I can't boot anymore except if I put the flag "nv_disable=1". Otherwise, it's crashing during the boot (no kp but stuck at some lines, and I can hear the GPU Fan).

I tried to check the Nvidia Web, but it's crash again.

The more strangest fact is now the "NVIDIA Web Driver" option is always checked into the pref panel, even I choose "Default macOS driver" and uncheck it into clover....Waaaaa I don't understand at all
Man! You have to uncheck NvidiaWeb if you do not want the web driver to load, otherwise it will be forced to load always! Up to my knowledge, nv_disable=1 does not apply at all and is obsolete for more than one year.

Given the actual results posted on Insanelymac, the web driver should work flawless under 10.13.6 SU.

If you are not able to manage, change to Vega ;)

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X99 TUF
CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok good to know about the obsolete flag.
I don't know how but, I was able to boot with web drivers when I tested to add the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and remove one card.
I tested to remove the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, that was still ok to boot with web drivers.

Then, I put the second card, and all screw up, I'm unable to boot anymore. can't find a logic

Motherboard
ASUS X99-E WS/USB3.1
CPU
E5-2696 v3
Graphics
Vega FE
Ok good to know about the obsolete flag.
I don't know how but, I was able to boot with web drivers when I tested to add the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and remove one card.
I tested to remove the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, that was still ok to boot with web drivers.

Then, I put the second card, and all screw up, I'm unable to boot anymore. can't find a logic
You send the EFI from which you downloaded, KGP is not clairvoyant

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X99 TUF
CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Here you can find my EFI Folder

EDIT :
In reality I was not patient, it's working.
I was not waiting too much time, but system can boot....after 15 minutes, desktop appears ! There is definitely something wrong here.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X99 TUF
CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for your help, but same results. Boot time is around 10 min with web drivers enabled.

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X99 TUF
CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Got (quickly) a black screen.
I tried to access through vnc meanwhile, I got the login information pop up, but no success to establish good connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.