CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
After the step 6, Clover show me two entries : 1/ USB Stick and 2/ "Boot macOS Install from OSX", who OSX is the target drive I've formated before, so I have to select the second one ?

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
After the step 6, Clover show me two entries : 1/ USB Stick and 2/ "Boot macOS Install from OSX", who OSX is the target drive I've formated before, so I have to select the second one ?
Of course!

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X99 TUF
CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes, so we are agree since the beginning. :)
This is what I got at the step 6 :

But I don't understand why it can't boot the second time.

Attachments

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes, so we are agree since the beginning. :)
This is what I got at the step 6 :

But I don't understand why it can't boot the second time.
Neither do I and I also do not know how to help further. Are you also applying step 5? Please revise once more your ENTIRE BIOS settings and try to loose your remaining knot by yourself. I am sure with same patience and some trial error you will manage finally. Something seems still wrong in your system configuration at some place.

Good luck,

KGP

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X99 TUF
CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok, thanks for your help. I'll find a solution I hope :)

Motherboard
Asus Z390-I
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Attached below a revised version of your EFI-Folder originally attached to post #2577.

I basically removed all unnecessary kernel patches, not only by also assuming that your MSR register is unlocked.

If this EFI-Folder does not reveal the expected performance, there is still something at odd with your microcodes.

BTW.. the 10.13.6 XCPM_performance_patch is not supposed to work with 10.13.6 SU.

With this, the topic is also closed from my side.

Cheers,

KGP
Just wanted to give you an update. If I disable the performance patch, enable the KernelPM and xcpm_core_scope_msrs with your posted efi, my cpu performance is outstanding!!!! Ill update this post with Intel Power Gadget shortly. Seems Geekbench is website is giving 500 error code atm for submitting results. But results in Cinebench are good.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just wanted to give you an update. If I disable the performance patch, enable the KernelPM and xcpm_core_scope_msrs with your posted efi, my cpu performance is outstanding!!!! Ill update this post with Intel Power Gadget shortly. Seems Geekbench is website is giving 500 error code atm for submitting results. But results in Cinebench are good.
Which means that your MSR is locked..

Motherboard
Asus Z390-I
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Which means that your MSR is locked..
Yes locked or not available. Tried using the approach to unlock msr, but stopped in the instructions when "CFG Lock" was not found months ago and the past 2 day attempts. :(

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Call for fully-implemented, board-specific XHC USB kexts

All experienced users with fully-implemented, board-specific XHC USB kexts for motherboards not yet being part of the respective XHC USB Kext Library are kindly invited to upload their particular XHC USB kexts after following the correct kext nomenclatures defined in my XHC USB Kext creation guidelines, by also providing full motherboard and SMBIOS denominations.

Many thanks in advance for your appreciated collaboration,

kgp.png

Status
Not open for further replies.