i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for your reply. Please find the EFI.zip
Did you patch your motherboard BIOS Firmware? Do you have locked or unlocked MSR register?

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X99 TUF
CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes I have followed your guide for patching and unlocking. Is there any way to verify MSR is unlocked ?

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes I have followed your guide for patching and unlocking. Is there any way to verify MSR is unlocked ?
Just a few minor and not substantial modifications in your EFI-Folder attached below.

Your issue must be caused by something else. EFI-Folder looks fine, provided that you did not apply yet any post installation procedure.

Attachments

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X99 TUF
CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
With your new EFI Folder copied to the USB Stick and the SSD, I've got some new. Instead of getting a KP, I'm stuck at the famous [PCI Configuration begin]. :)

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
With your new EFI Folder copied to the USB Stick and the SSD, I've got some new. Instead of getting a KP, I'm stuck at the famous [PCI Configuration begin]. :)
Maybe your MSR is still locked. Try to check kernelpm and enable xcpm core scope kernel patch just for testing.

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X99 TUF
CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Nope, same results. :(
I just changed the config.plist from the USB stick only, not on the SSD, should I ?

But I got different result with your new EFI Folder, please check attached picts.

Attachments

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Nope, same results. :(
I just changed the config.plist from the USB stick only, not on the SSD, should I ?

But I got different result with your new EFI Folder, please check attached picts.
Still kernel panics.. i am not able to provide further help based in the available inormation.

Try to reformat macOS destination drive.

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth X99 TUF
CPU
i7 6950X
Graphics
2x GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm unable to boot anymore with your version of EFI folder you sent me, I have to add the arg "npci=0X2000" to boot correctly.
I've reformat the macOS destination drive (through my macbook pro, not from the Disk Utility from the installer) and copy the EFI Folder from my USB stick to this disk, do you confirm EFI folders have to be identical both on USB stick and macOS destination drive ?

And I got kernel panic again :(

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm unable to boot anymore with your version of EFI folder you sent me, I have to add the arg "npci=0X2000" to boot correctly.
I've reformat the macOS destination drive (through my macbook pro, not from the Disk Utility from the installer) and copy the EFI Folder from my USB stick to this disk, do you confirm EFI folders have to be identical both on USB stick and macOS destination drive ?

And I got kernel panic again :(
Yes.. same EFI-Folder for everything.
I don’t understand one thing. If you are able to boot your system with the EFI on the flash USB Flash drive installer durumg the first step of the macOS installation, why you are not able to boot your system with the same EFI on the same USB Flash drive installer also in the second step of the macOS installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.