Nvida (2) 1080 ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hey @kgp thanks for the guide!

I'm trying to use part of this to get my XCPM working on my broadwell chip as well as using this thread here. My main reason for focusing on this is because my computer will get under load in my editing programs - Premiere Pro and Davinci - And randomly shut down. At first i thought it was an external USB power issue, but no, I did that custom SSDT from @RehabMan and i'm still having these shut downs.

I have two errors in your described process where the rest come back correct.

3.) To verify that the Frequency-Vectors are now loaded, use the following terminal command:

If everything is ok, the command returns "1".

I cannot get this terminal command to come back to "1" it always comes back "0"

4.) To obtain further information on your XCPM Power Management configuration, download Piker Alpha’s AppleIntelInfo.kext from Github. To compile the source code, you need to primarily install Xcode (Appstore) and Xcode Command Line Tools! This guideline might be helpful for the successfully installation of the latter.

Now enter the following terminal commands:

Load the AppleIntelInfo.kext with "kextload" and "cat" the info-results with the following terminal commands:

The cat command should reveal something like the following result:

To unload the AppleIntelInfo.kext, enter the terminal command:

I also do not understand how to compile x-code. I have gone through the guidline you link and all of that comes back and the command lines are installed. However, I cannot for the life of me how to figure out how to actually compile the project file into a kext or what I'm supposed to do! So I'm very stuck on this particular AppleIntelInfo.Kext step.

I've included my debug report updated on next boot after one of these random restarts and my config file(uuid and serials have been removed). Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.8 KB · Views: 220
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 1.38.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 1.38.56 PM.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 260
  • debug_15052.zip
    3 MB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Rampage V Extreme
CPU
i7 5820K
Graphics
RX5700XT
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Irrelevant.
Surely it is irrelevant, but I had made the mistake as well I, certainly kgp has committed badly typing, in my old post, I asked if (certainly) were not to use both modified kext ... in fact kgp had responded by confirming that was to be inserted exclusively: TSCAdjustRest.kext ...

That's all...

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p700
CPU
2x E5-2620 V3
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Surely it is irrelevant, but I had made the mistake as well I, certainly kgp has committed badly typing, in my old post, I asked if (certainly) were not to use both modified kext ... in fact kgp had responded by confirming that was to be inserted exclusively: TSCAdjustRest.kext ...

That's all...
I was pointing out to @kgp that there is what appears to be a typo on the first post of the guide, no reason for you to become involved at all.

Motherboard
Asus Rampage V Extreme
CPU
i7 5820K
Graphics
RX5700XT
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was pointing out to @kgp that there is what appears to be a typo on the first post of the guide, no reason for you to become involved at all.
absolutely no involvement..., my answer to your first post, was just to point out that actually there was a mistake certainly typing by @kgp... ;)

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp

Typo in the guide ?
In Section C.) Important General Note/Advice and Error Prevention
Item 7 talks about editing the TSCAdjustRest.kext and concludes in sub section e.) with :

Surely that should read as "copy the modified TSCAdjustRest.kext" ?

Yes, there was indeed an obvious typo. Fixed now! Thanks ;)

Motherboard
ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Hi, I'm just checking if the following is still necessary as there's no mention of it in your guide:

X99 Patch by Brumbaer
Find:
4881FB00 000040
Replace
4881FB00 000080

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm just checking if the following is still necessary as there's no mention of it in your guide:

X99 Patch by Brumbaer
Find:
4881FB00 000040
Replace
4881FB00 000080

Obsolete

Motherboard
ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 1060
SO, THERE IS MY EFI FOLDER FROM MY SYSTEM (10.13.6 (17G65) )

BE CAREFULL, this is for my ASUS X99 Deluxe, with Intel 5820k and Asus Strix Nvidia GTX 980 TI DC3OC, also, if you are suck at the beginning of booting process delete boot argument slide=128 (I've calculated this slide value for stable booting). ALSO MAY NOT WORK IF YOU DON'T PATCH YOUR BIOS (CHECK KGP GUIDE ON PAGE 1 ON HOW TO DO THIS ! )

STEP ONE, BEGINING WITH 10.13.4 FOR ME BOOTING WITHOUT nv_disable=1 and Inject NVidia resulted in black screen, even on clean install, I think it has to do with EFI Strings Injection for VESA DRIVERES found in macos or idk. I've already done my "install/update" settings in this efi folder.

After you successful finished the instalation of macos high sierra, install nvidia driveres, accept the kext when prompted in Security & Privacy and before clicking on reboot on the nvidia install, open clover configurator, uncheck nv_disable =1, Inject NVidia and check Inject System ID & NvidiaWeb. Save the config.plist and click on reboot on nvidia installer. After reboot you should be fine up and working.

Here you have my efi > ASUS_X99_DELUXE_5820_EFI.zip < , if you don't/cant't find the arguments I talk about, check before and after install screenshots available bellow.

@kgp
So I've just tested and the IOPCIFamily patch (X99 Patch by Brumbaer) is still necessary, it isn't obsolete. Disabling it left me stuck at "PCI configuration begin". Furthermore, I think there is an error in your guide apropos of enabling fully functional XCPM. In "Kernel and Kext Patches", you failed to mention it is necessary to check KernelXCPM. I followed your guide to the letter and without KernelXCPM checked, "sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode" invariably returns 0. Following @dMatik's EFI, which has KernelXCPM checked was what worked. Also, like @dMatik, I found that "xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha" patch isn't necessary for me to have a successful boot nor is it necessary for XCPM. Perhaps you could look into this and amend your guide to reflect this. I hope you're not offended as I'm most certainly not saying these things to be critical but because I really appreciate what you've done for us and I want to help others who might find themselves stuck as I was just now.

@dMatik
Thanks for your EFI folder!

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp
So I've just tested and the IOPCIFamily patch (X99 Patch by Brumbaer) is still necessary, it isn't obsolete. Disabling it left me stuck at "PCI configuration begin". Furthermore, I think there is an error in your guide apropos of enabling fully functional XCPM. In "Kernel and Kext Patches", you failed to mention it is necessary to check KernelXCPM. I followed your guide to the letter and without KernelXCPM checked, "sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode" invariably returns 0. Following @dMatik's EFI, which has KernelXCPM checked was what worked. Also, like @dMatik, I found that "xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha" patch isn't necessary for me to have a successful boot nor is it necessary for XCPM. Perhaps you could look into this and amend your guide to reflect this. I hope you're not offended as I'm most certainly not saying these things to be critical but because I really appreciate what you've done for us and I want to help others who might find themselves stuck as I was just now.

@dMatik

There is no error in my guide and I also did not fail in somthing else... Please change your tone if possible in any case...

The X99 Patch by Brumbaer is obsolete in my case and kernelxcpm is required for mainboards with unpatched BIOS firmware and locked MSR register, a detail well known to all of us. I don’t check it at all and xcpm just works fine..BTW, with locked MSR you might also need the xcpm core scope kernel patch.

Last but not least, I will not change anything in my guide.. everything is working fine for years and not only for me but also for many others..

Have a great day,

KGP

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Rampage V Extreme
CPU
i7 5820K
Graphics
RX5700XT
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@kgp

@dMatik

Dear @hoeman, from my point of view you should read carefully the guide of @kgp point by point, being careful not to leave out anything...

Because, I also have an RVE and your own CPU and I have no problem to boot and activate XCPM and OC.
Also, as kgp says, the brumbaer patch for x99 is now obsolete, and I add: obsolete from the mac os version: 10.12.xx

This just to make things clear...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.