Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
X99 10.14 Mojave Guide Setup completed

The new game can start over :thumbup:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ful-build-extended-guide.255117/#post-1769350

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png

Reactions: GDS
@kgp Great update! Thank you very much!

I want to ask you a quick question regarding DSDT patching:

If (as for my case) I'm using a CPU different than the i7 6950x (mine is a 6850K), how do I know from IORegistryExplorer app which patches should I be using if any?

Meaning, I know I have to get into IORegistryExplorer and look for some of the info there. But I'm not sure how to interpret the information to match my CPU. Is that clear? (Sorry, it's kind of like a weird question to ask..)

Thanks in advance! And again congrats for the new X99 extension to 10.14 PB1!

It's going to be a fun weekend, haha..

@kgp Great update! Thank you very much!

I want to ask you a quick question regarding DSDT patching:

If (as for my case) I'm using a CPU different than the i7 6950x (mine is a 6850K), how do I know from IORegistryExplorer app which patches should I be using if any?

Meaning, I know I have to get into IORegistryExplorer and look for some of the info there. But I'm not sure how to interpret the information to match my CPU. Is that clear? (Sorry, it's kind of like a weird question to ask..)

Thanks in advance! And again congrats for the new X99 extension to 10.14 PB1!

It's going to be a fun weekend, haha..

Hmmm.. do you know how ACPI patches work at all? The rest is just logics.

I already referred several times to posts along my X299 thread, which explain how to rename and reorder the CPU cores by means of ACPI patches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back