Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of my cpu, 6900K how would I go about implementing a proper 48 CPxx -> PRxx replacement values?

See e.g. question in post #8473, answer in #8478, question in post #8481, answer in post #8483.. Along this thread there are more examples..

Hope that helps to catch the idea..

I know, but it is so strange... I copy all your steps but still no OC. So wired... Maybe you can check the BIOS settings I uploaded, maybe I'm forgetting something.

I updated High Sierra (10.13.5) while maintaining setting guided by the previous X99 (SMBIOS MacPro 6,1), NOT by iMac Pro 1,1.
I also updated the recent Nvidia web driver and for the time being, the graphic driver is working well. However, sometime later, the graphic driver is returned to default driver. Even I tried to select NIVIDA web driver at the NVIDIA driver manager.
I tried in the ways suggested in this guide, but it does not work. Even I uninstalled the Nvidia driver and reinstalled it. but it fails.
Would you help me to solve?

I updated High Sierra (10.13.5) while maintaining setting guided by the previous X99 (SMBIOS MacPro 6,1), NOT by iMac Pro 1,1.
I also updated the recent Nvidia web driver and for the time being, the graphic driver is working well. However, sometime later, the graphic driver is returned to default driver. Even I tried to select NIVIDA web driver at the NVIDIA driver manager.
I tried in the ways suggested in this guide, but it does not work. Even I uninstalled the Nvidia driver and reinstalled it. but it fails.
Would you help me to solve?

Uninstall the Nvidia web driver manager and the web driver and reinstall..

Good luck

@kgp Yeah!!! Now it works!! OC working in 4.2ghz!! I just have to update my BIOS!!

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-06-19 a las 12.43.20.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-06-19 a las 12.43.20.png
    79 KB · Views: 108
  • Captura de pantalla 2018-06-19 a las 12.45.31.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-06-19 a las 12.45.31.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: kgp
@kgp I need to reinstall the PMDrvr.kext again in my System because without it, my low frequency in cpu was 2.7ghz. With it installed, I get 1.2ghz, and OC still works. Do you get low frequencies without it?

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-06-19 a las 14.44.33.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-06-19 a las 14.44.33.png
    74 KB · Views: 92
@kgp I need to reinstall the PMDrvr.kext again in my System because without it, my low frequency in cpu was 2.7ghz. With it installed, I get 1.2ghz, and OC still works. Do you get low frequencies without it?

Don't stick on what you see in IPG concerning frequencies. Well, frequencies seem high without PCDrvr.kext in IDLE. But in reality, look to the CPU utilisation and power consumption during IDLE and max load conditions.

You will raptly notice that what you claim is not true at all. XCPM is perfectly working without PCMDrvr.kext, which immediately destroys sleep/wake and does not bring any further advantage in my case with 10.13.5, sorry.

Uninstall the Nvidia web driver manager and the web driver and reinstall..

Good luck
I uninstalled NVIDIA web driver and reinstalled it. The issue is not solved still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back