Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage V Extreme
CPU
5960X
Graphics
SLI Titan X
Thanks for the nice guide. I am almost a beginner for the hackitosh. I installed 10.10 in this machine (with ASUS X99 deluxe mob) but now I want to upgrade to 10.13. I will follow your guide step by step. One basic question before I start.

You mentioned about patching the bios in the very beginning. Will other installed systems like windows or linux crashed due to the patching?

Thank you very much.
Nope, you should be good. I did the BIOS UEFI patch, and I'm still able to boot Windows 10 completely fine.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Sure....here's the 10GB thread (focused only 10GB Ethernet on High Sierra): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-native-support-for-10gb-ethernet.239690/

Just an update: it appears that once your 10GBE card begins to work on your Hackintosh, that occurs only after Apple does something to the card, and the native Windows drivers stop working until you install the Apple Boot Camp Windows drivers for the card. So, I've attached the Boot Camp Windows drivers.

It's a pretty easy install in Windows. But you need these drivers after the card starts to work in the Mac side. If you only use the Mac side, and you never boot into Windows, you would never know (or even care) what Apple does to the card.

Attachments

• Windows10_imacPro1.1_Aquantia64v2.0.015.0.zip
    806.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Reactions: kgp

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just an update: it appears that once your 10GBE card begins to work on your Hackintosh, that occurs only aft erApple does something to the card, and the native Windows drivers stop working until you install the Boot Camp Windows drivers for the card. So, I've attached the Boot Camp Windows drivers.

It's a pretty easy install in Windows. But you need these drivers after the card starts to work in the Mac side. If you only use the Mac side, and you never boot into Windows, you would never know (or even care) what Apple does to the card.

Please refer to this post also in the X299 guide.. Thanks, kgp :thumbup:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Please refer to this post also in the X299 guide.. Thanks, kgp :thumbup:

Done! (Just a little annoyed that Apple actually does something to the card.....)

Reactions: kgp
Motherboard
ASUS X99-A-II
CPU
i7-6800K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 20th Anniv. Mac
  2. Classic
  3. Color Classic
  4. eMac
  5. iBook
  6. iMac
  7. LC
  8. Performa
  9. Power Mac
  10. PowerBook
  11. Quadra
  12. SE
  13. Xserve
  14. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Do you use Nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext v1.2.2 and Lilu.kext v1.2.2 as nvidia black screen prevention?

Seems that you use some quite outdated GPU, don't you?
Hi, I have the same problem but after a 10.13.3 clean install on a X99AII with a 1070Ti ...
Any clue how to solve this?
Thanks

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have the same problem but after a 10.13.3 clean install on a X99AII with a 1070Ti ...
Any clue how to solve this?
Thanks

Buy a different graphics card ;):lol:...

Please provide your X99 system specs (mobo, cpu, gpu) in either your profile or signature.. Thanks!

Motherboard
EVGA x99 Mirco2
CPU
i7-6800k
Graphics
Gigabyte Windforce 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The only thing I need to know: is Final Cut Pro X stable in this attempt? If anyone has 4k benchmarks for FCPX on this platform that would be fantastic, I am really tempted to try this again. :D

- Also; I have no clue whether there has been success on a EVGA micro2 or any EVGA mobos. I am perfectly willing to shell out for the ASUS board to get this working.

Motherboard
ASUS X99-A-II
CPU
i7-6800K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 20th Anniv. Mac
  2. Classic
  3. Color Classic
  4. eMac
  5. iBook
  6. iMac
  7. LC
  8. Performa
  9. Power Mac
  10. PowerBook
  11. Quadra
  12. SE
  13. Xserve
  14. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Buy a different graphics card ;):lol:...

Please provide your X99 system specs (mobo, cpu, gpu) in either your profile or signature.. Thanks!
ok I will do it
Meanwhile I fix it :) NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.1 is missing in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ directory of my system disk :p

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ok I will do it
Meanwhile I fix it :) NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.1 is missing in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ directory of my system disk :p

You see :lol:.. You just replied that you face the same issue, without seeing that I already provided the answer.. ;)

Well done, man! Happy that you finally realised what was obviously missing ;)

Cheers, man and good night ;)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Gaming 5P
CPU
Graphics
GTX 1080
I used that one first and it failed with the same error.
I have identified the problem as a APFS corruption. Unfortunately Apple's fsck_apfs is unable to fix the corruption and looks like I need to format and reinstall macOS.

I can still boot in the OS, but for some reason, certain files and folders can no longer be deleted. Anyway you try it, the system will fail to delete them. Just a heads up for other users who may experience the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.