Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point :)
I know it's not working because I can still eject NVMe.
What can I check to look for my mistake ?
Thanks

Look, if your NVMe is implemented as external, it is obvious that something fails. I don't know where is your mistake. The only thing I can recommend is to follow again and again my detailed guidelines. ;)

Thanks for the amazing write-up, I have the same hardware an on boot from the USB it says the following.

Only 128/256 slide values are available for usage! Booting may fail!

I can't get past this section, any idea?

Thanks for the amazing write-up, I have the same hardware an on boot from the USB it says the following.

Only 128/256 slide values are available for usage! Booting may fail!

I can't get past this section, any idea?

Please just look three posts in front..:rolleyes: post #1390! ;)

Good luck,

KGP

Please just look three posts in front..:rolleyes: post #1390! ;)

Good luck,

KGP

I get hung up on that one as well, I gave it a shot before you posted back to me, thank you for doing so

Freeing low memory (up to 0x2000000(
Result = 0
OszAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using eloc block: no, hibernate wake no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
_

I get hung up on that one as well, I gave it a shot before you posted back to me, thank you for doing so

Freeing low memory (up to 0x2000000(
Result = 0
OszAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using eloc block: no, hibernate wake no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
_

Then your problem is not Aptio related.. no idea what is your real problem that prevents your rig from boot. Could be anything: BIOS settings, tiny yet missing deviations from my config.plist, something missing in your EFI-Folder, possible guideline implementation errors at your side..

Please bug fix and try to once more carefully read and follow my guide..

Good luck, man!

KGP

all unchecked!

Hi kgp, loving the guide although I have ran into a few issues.

So, again, to clarify, this USB thing, based on your guide in the first post, you mentioned that it's supposed to be

3.) the following USB settings in the "Device" section of the Clover Configurator: "Inject", "Add ClockID", "FixOwnership" - checked; "HighCurrent" - unchecked.

So which is it? All unchecked or all checked except for HighCurrent?

Also, I have the Asus ThunderboltEX 3 card that has already been initialised in Windows UEFI so I can see it in my board's (Asus Rampage V Extreme) bios. But whenever I try to boot with TB turned on in the bios, I run into an error message related to AMF (aptiomemoryfix). Help please!

Hi kgp, loving the guide although I have ran into a few issues.

So, again, to clarify, this USB thing, based on your guide in the first post, you mentioned that it's supposed to be

3.) the following USB settings in the "Device" section of the Clover Configurator: "Inject", "Add ClockID", "FixOwnership" - checked; "HighCurrent" - unchecked.

So which is it? All unchecked or all checked except for HighCurrent?

Also, I have the Asus ThunderboltEX 3 card that has already been initialised in Windows UEFI so I can see it in my board's (Asus Rampage V Extreme) bios. But whenever I try to boot with TB turned on in the bios, I run into an error message related to AMF (aptiomemoryfix). Help please!

O.K. once more.. I use the ASUS X99-A XHC USB Kext of @DSM2 and I have all USB settings in the "Device" section of the Clover Configurator UNCHECKED.

Did you follow the BIOS Settings for the TBEX 3 outlined in Section E.5) of my Skylake-X/X299 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Build and Desktop Guide? If this does not help try to perform a firmware upgrade of the TBEX 3.

Hope that helps in your issues..

Kind regards,

KGP

Hi @kgp, I followed to the letter and I have already upgraded the firmware to the latest version. I just seem to be unable to boot with it. I have to ask now whether you've actually tested AptioMemoryFix + Asus X99 + Asus TBEX 3 as I have read of this occurrence elsewhere too.

Hi @kgp, I followed to the letter and I have already upgraded the firmware to the latest version. I just seem to be unable to boot with it. I have to ask now whether you've actually tested AptioMemoryFix + Asus X99 + Asus TBEX 3 as I have read of this occurrence elsewhere too.

I just have a ASUS X99-A without any TBEX 3 on my Broadwell-E/X99 build, sorry.. Guess I can't help or comment in this issue.

If AptioMemoryFix + Asus X99 + Asus TBEX 3 does not work, why don't you use OsxAptioFix2Drv..2000.efi instead of AptioMemoryFix.efi?

I just have a ASUS X99-A without any TBEX 3 on my Broadwell-E/X99 build, sorry.. Guess I can't help or comment in this issue.

If AptioMemoryFix + Asus X99 + Asus TBEX 3 does not work, why don't you use OsxAptioFix2Drv..2000.efi instead of AptioMemoryFix.efi?

Bingo, no error message with that. OsxAptioFix2Drv-Free2000.efi worked.

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back