Contribute
Register

How to Enable OpenCL on Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 4GB kepler - HACKINTOSH GUIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am receiving the error "Group not Found" error within the terminal after entering the following (I replaced "white" with my admin name)

sudo dseditgroup -o edit -a White -t user wheel

I have a very fuzzy render in OpenCL benchmarks, anyone have this issue?

Works like a dream! Thanks a bunch! :thumbup::thumbup:

I have added a link to a video that I made which shows how to do this process. The link is on my original post. Also, I have attached the OpenCL Oceanwave application to the post because it is a hard application to find.

This is the link to download the nvidia drivers:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html

However, keep in mind that you don't NEED to use the nvidia drivers. You can use the stock nvidia drivers that are baked into Mountain Lion and they will work just as well. You will save a couple steps by not having to download and install the nvidia drivers and then patch them. All you will need to do is perform the opencl patch.

I am guessing that you are using LuxMark to perform your OpenCL test? If you are, this is normal. LuxMark will start of very fuzzy and then, as it renders the scene using OpenCL, the scene will become clear. It takes a few minutes to run a full LuxMark test. If your openCL was not working, you would not be able to run LuxMark at all.

Alternatively, you can run OpenCL Oceanwave application to test OpenCL performance. I prefer Oceanwave because it is fast and light. It is hard to find and download on the internet so I attached it in my original post.

I have seen this before, but usually only before Mac OS X is installed, not after it is installed. I have been able to get past that error by using boot flags. Try these boot flags: -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

It is most likely the GraphicsEnabler=No flag that will fix your issue. If it does fix it. Make sure to edit your plist in the Extra folder so that graphics enabler is set to no by default. The easiest way to do this is to download and install Chameleon Wizard application, then open your plist with Chameleon Wizard, make sure the box for graphics enabler is unchecked, and then click save. Run disk permissions repair before rebooting, just to be double safe.

When I run the Benchmark the bottom half of the screen is fuzzy and in lines; see below although this captured it without the lines, it flickers and changes, however the top half is always there; I doubt this is normal, any thoughts?

ScreenShot2013-02-08at204322_zpsd8f5f903.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back