Contribute
Register

How to enable 'Kaby Lake' Intel 6xx Graphics (10.12.6+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

read that post and Apply possible solution spending many days but cant get acceleration more than 4mb kindly help me.I am Also Attaching my Efi Folder Kindly Check That.

The files you attached are too large and incomplete anyway...

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi I have an issue with trying to enable dual graphics on an Intel i3-7100.
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME H270-PRO
CPU: i3-7100
Discrete Graphics: Nvidia GT 1030

I'm able to run either one or the other card taken singularly. no issue at all with both.
Issue comes when I try to enable hardware acceleration running the monitor through the Nvidia GT 1030.
I have the patch enabled: GFX0 to IGPU
I tried with both disablegfxfirmware on and off with no difference
I tried with shikigva=60 or shikigva=1 or no shiki flag
FakeID for Intel GFX is 0x59128086

if I use ig-platform-id = 0x59120000 Then rendering in FinalCutProX results in panic with instant reboot
if I use ig-platform-id = 0x59120003 Then UHD 630 is not recognised in System Report and I experience no panic no reboot because only the nVidia GT 1030 is working. When I render in FCPX and check using Intel Power Gadget the green line is at 0.

Any hint prior to dropping here all the files? Can the dual gpu 1 for monitor 1 for hardware acceleration actually work for the i3-7100?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hello there! As most people writing in this post, I have issues.. Issues with few things (some are just me being picky) starting with iGPU, I'm currently running with the UHD630 and for the life of me I can't make it work with two displays.

I'm mostly doing graphics design and Austin stuff, and having the two outputs is essential. I have already tried many scenarios where I have changed .plist settings, ACPI, and even SMBIOS (disastrous since 18,3 gives the horrid graphics glitch that makes the computer useless), So far I achieved changing some frame buffer to 00 04 00 00, but I can't even recall how I did it TBH.

Now all I would like to do is to properly inject iGPU to be able to properly work with two outputs, SSDT is my preferred choice, since I have all components (that I know how to) loaded and properly showing in system report. I know some people are patching frame buffer from clover, but I'm not sure how to do so, or where to find said patches for my board configuration.

@RehabMan here I leave some files I've gathered! hope you guys can help. After this I'd like to build a stable SSDT with all the required devices properly implemented ala KGP for his X299 build, so many can make use of it.

Attachments

• Files Z370G, 8700K.zip
    19.7 MB · Views: 110
No one? this is getting more complicated

With Two monitors UHD 630 (HDMI&DP) is something workaround. For example connect first HDMI display,
DP display must be power off (from the power outlet). Next when Mac OS is ready on HDMI Display
turn on DP display (from power outlet) then switch off HDMI display and turn on HDMI display.
Now You have two displays ready to work !

With Two monitors UHD 630 (HDMI&DP) is something workaround. For example connect first HDMI display,
DP display must be power off (from the power outlet). Next when Mac OS is ready on HDMI Display
turn on DP display (from power outlet) then switch off HDMI display and turn on HDMI display.
Now You have two displays ready to work !
Hi there! That is the simple solution, but simple isn't what I am after. What I would like is to be able to boot with both displays without problem, as it should be. It is just so annoying that having two display outputs from integrated graphics only one (from the two DisplayPort takes over at boot) can boot correctly.

If booted with both, all of sudden a sort of glitch occurs which ends up in me having to force restart, which is very annoying.. There has to be a solution to this..

Now I'm testing Mojave but I do not have acceleration in the integrated HD 630 card - are there any differences in handling between high sierra and mojave?
Of course I'm interested only in the support of hd 630 graphics, I do not have a second graphics card (I have i5-7300HQ)

OK, I'm rollback to High Sierra 10.13.5, Mojave is unuseable for me without video accelleration :(

Last edited:
Intel HD 6xx

For desktop systems with Intel HD 6xx graphics. Fix for most Intel HD 6xx graphics port layouts on 200 Series motherboards. Installs Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext in /Library/Extensions. Adds the following to Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist: ig-platform-id=0x59120000.
Still need to do so in Mojave?

For those using Final Cut, how are you testing to be sure hardware acceleration is working?

Hey!
Can someone help me?
I can't get UHD 630 to work on 13.6
Receive "Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with framebuffer driver" before load desktop.
And Graphics have a 7mb, no acceleration.

Have tried many SMBios 18.x, 17.1, 14.2, many platform-id's and fake-id's
The rest works fine.

THX!

Attachments

• _CLOVER.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 147
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back