Contribute
Register

How to enable 'Kaby Lake' Intel 6xx Graphics (10.12.6+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you tried to boot without injecting intel hd 630? Mine works even without injecting ::lol:
Clover do it all for you, and now also intelGraphicsfixup.kext :clap:
I tried some time ago, framebuffer become AppleIntelGraphicsframebuffer or something similar.
Everything in my config and system works and is a almost perfect setting, the problem is that sometimes i got glitching (now i know how to reproduce the issue to check). Today i did the same test on a different hackintosh but with very similar specs and i reproduced the issue, so i'm pretty sure i'm not alone and probably the final solution is to use a discrete graphics.
My issue started with High Sierra, with Sierra i did a very heavy video editing work wthout any problem, so i was searching for a solution if there was any.

Last edited:
I hope to try the new igfxfw=1 (and lack of -disablegfxfirmware) soon on my computers for which it is applicable...
Using IntelGraphicFixup 1.2.5 -disablegfxfirmware can be safely removed from boot-args, as well as GFX0 -> IGPU and MEI/HECI -> IMEI renaming, will help greatly new hackintosh users.
Though don't think many users will use igfxfw=1 because graphic performances are greatly reduced although acceleration etc. is on, so it solve my issue, but it's not a good fix in my opinion (works with SKL and KBL), we will see in future, maybe it's just a first implementation of the GuC from Linux.

Last edited:
Using IntelGraphicFixup 1.2.5 -disablegfxfirmware can be safely removed from boot-args, as well as GFX0 -> IGPU and MEI/HECI -> IMEI renaming, will help greatly new hackintosh users.
Though don't think many users will use igfxfw=1 because graphic performances are greatly reduced although acceleration etc. is on, so it solve my issue, but it's not a good fix in my opinion (works with SKL and KBL), we will see in future, maybe it's just a first implementation of the GuC from Linux.

Not interested if it causes performance problems, but will try it nonetheless.
IMEI and IGPU renames in kext are worrisome. It may be too late by then, leading to problems. And these renames are so easy in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

Anyone tested the new IntelGraphicFixup 1.2.6?

It broke my system. It was very difficult to bring it back to life after that.

Anyone tested the new IntelGraphicFixup 1.2.6?

It broke my system. It was very difficult to bring it back to life after that.
Tested today, no problem at all or no new problems.
If you think it's intelgraphicsfixup fault simply add -igfxoff to your boot-args and disable IntelGraphicsFixup, before booting thru Clover/Options. Or boot the system with -x boot-arg (safe mode).
Honestly, I think your problem is somewhere else, but I have no data to understand what happened, so to be sure.

Not interested if it causes performance problems, but will try it nonetheless.
IMEI and IGPU renames in kext are worrisome. It may be too late by then, leading to problems. And these renames are so easy in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.
I've tested IntelGraphicsFixup v1.2.6. on 10.13.4 beta 5 (17E182a)
What works
  • GFX0 -> IGPU automatic rename
  • MEI/HECI -> IMEI automatic rename
  • Fix booting without -disablegfxfirmware
Doesn't work
  • ig-platform-id injection (defaults to connector-less when AMD/NVIDIA is found)
By the time IntelGraphicsFixup gets loaded, Clover already set ig-platform-id = 0x59120000
Unknown
  • Add GuC microcode loading on SKL (9.33) and KBL (9.39) in 10.13 (enabled via igfxfw=1 boot-arg)
Didn't noticed any difference with or without.

I've tested IntelGraphicsFixup v1.2.6. on 10.13.4 beta 5 (17E182a)
Unknown
  • Add GuC microcode loading on SKL (9.33) and KBL (9.39) in 10.13 (enabled via igfxfw=1 boot-arg)
Didn't noticed any difference with or without.
Quite normal, you're using discrete graphics, so you can't notice anything enabling GuC firmware for your Intel graphics. ;)

Quite normal, you're using discrete graphics, so you can't notice anything enabling GuC firmware for your Intel graphics. ;)
Isn't Intel Graphics used for hardware decoding/encoding? I definitely use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back