Contribute
Register

How to enable 'Kaby Lake' Intel 6xx Graphics (10.12.6+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Your device-id is 0x3e92. At least it has direct support in the accelerator kext (AppleIntelKBLGraphics.kext).
But no support in the framebuffer kext (AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext).
I would start by injecting FakeID 0x59128086 (just an ID that matches AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext supported IDs)
See what happens.
Don't forget about -disablegfxfirmware kernel flag, as you will likely need it.

I would start by injecting FakeID 0x59128086 (just an ID that matches AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext supported IDs)
See what happens.
Don't forget about -disablegfxfirmware kernel flag, as you will likely need it.

That one, I have tried and tried constantly with or without the -disablegfxfirmware flag but it caused re-boot loop at the apple logo screen(In fact, anything other than 0x12345678 caused the same issue). I removed it for now after I managed to boot the system back on reinstalling the whole thing again.

That one, I have tried and tried constantly with or without the -disablegfxfirmware flag but it caused re-boot loop at the apple logo screen(In fact, anything other than 0x12345678 caused the same issue). I removed it for now after I managed to boot the system back on reinstalling the whole thing again.

Try first with safe mode as that eliminates the graphics accelerator kext.
Make sure DVMT-prealloc is set correctly in BIOS.

Try first with safe mode as that eliminates the graphics accelerator kext.
Make sure DVMT-prealloc is set correctly in BIOS.

If going in to safe mode is boot argument verbose(-v), then it didn't work either(keeps re-booting before going in to the logo screen). As for the DVMT -prealloc, my Asrock z370 pro 4 bios doesn't seem to have that option at all.

Last edited:
If going in to safe mode is boot argument verbose(-v), then it didn't work either(keeps re-booting before going in to the logo screen). As for the DVMT -prealloc, my Asrock z370 pro 4 bios doesn't seem to have that option at all.

What did you set DVMT-prealloc to in BIOS?

Last edited:
My Asrock Pro4 bios doesn't have any option to set DVMT-prealloc. Just double checked it.

Also, I don't have AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext in Library/Extensions. Could this be the reason?

Edit : I found and extracted AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext from high sierra installer. Does this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lensize-patch-with-32mb-dvmt-prealloc.221506/ still work for KBL version?
It's called Shared Memory under Chipset settings in asrock

My Asrock Pro4 bios doesn't have any option to set DVMT-prealloc. Just double checked it.

It may be called something else (less technical).

Also, I don't have AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext in Library/Extensions. Could this be the reason?

Most Apple system kexts are in /System/Library/Extensions, including the one you mention.

Edit : I found and extracted AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext from high sierra installer. Does this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lensize-patch-with-32mb-dvmt-prealloc.221506/ still work for KBL version?

Most desktops can set DVMT-prealloc in BIOS, making the 32mb DVMT-prealloc patch not necessary.

It's called Shared Memory under Chipset settings in asrock
It may be called something else (less technical).

Most Apple system kexts are in /System/Library/Extensions, including the one you mention.

Most desktops can set DVMT-prealloc in BIOS, making the 32mb DVMT-prealloc patch not necessary.

Thanks for the info. It was indeed called shared memory. I just set it to 128mb and tried again with the fake ID gfx and all that but it didn't work either(again with the re-boot loop at the logo screen). *sigh* I have no idea what else I should do. I think at this point I've tried almost everything that's available on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back