Graphics
ATI Radeon 4350
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone, if you have the ATI 4xxx Series Graphic Card the following steps might help. It did for me.

• Go>Computer>
System>Library>Extensions> and copy ATI4600Controller.kext
• Create new folder on desktop and paste the item (ATI4600Controller.kext). Close the folder and paste the same item on desktop as well for safety sake.
• Now Right-click on the ATI4600Controller.kext (on desktop) and select "Show Package Contents". This part was bit confusing for me since I didn't found any info.plist file there. If same happens with you download the ATI4600Controller.kext from here. Please remember that the info.plist in the download file has Graphic Card PCI ID of ATI 4350 model (0x954F1002) and you need to replace that id with the one that your card family has. People with ATI 4350 don't need to add anything.

• The next step involves putting the edited/downloded ATI4600Controller.kext back to where you copied it from. This can't be done by drag/drop method so you need to download the kext utility. The one I used can be downloaded from here. Its fairly simple to use. Just click on Installation Tab after you've downloaded and installed the wizard and follow the steps.

"Kext Wizard gives you the option to make back-ups of any original kexts that you you're replacing (just incase things go wonky and you need to put the originals back in place). It also has a tool to rebuild your Kext Cache." Just remember to tick the "Backs Kexts..." box and then hit install. Also execute the "Rebuild Cache" script under "Maintenance". Don't panic, its pretty simple there in the wizard.

• What? You're done. Put the graphics card back to its slot and boot. Wait for ten secs and don't stare at the fresh log-in screen. Enter and there is much more waiting for you.

Tested with VGA and DVI

The color will distort a bit till you reboot again. At this point the Apple>System Preferences might or might not show your graphics card model no but will show the exact VRAM of the Card and will also identify your monitor.

Test edited 10gb video footage in FCP Pro X and it was smooth.
iTunes will open by just staring at it
:headbang:

Opened 40 Apps at a time and system was stable.

What won't work?
Chess. Don't even try to click it in Apps. Your system will freeze and rebooting won't help, and only option left is safeboot.
DVD Player won't work as well.

Have fun. Last week I wasn't even aware about Hacintosh and I am not a geek. Read, don't give up and good people are all around.

Contribution by AppleMacIdiot

Rock 'n' Roll!

Great work dude! Glad you had some success in the end. WOOT!

Just a quick note about the apparent missing "Info.plist" issue in the vanilla ATI4600Controller.kext
For some reason Apple have been sneaky and set certain files in some of their kexts to invisible, including this one. I had a similar issue with the IO80211Family.kext in Lion some time back when I was editing it for my WLAN card.

Using the ShowAllFiles.app http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=10 will reveal them long enough to edit them and make your changes, before hiding them again.

Hope this helps...

does the QE/CI work and all multi-display works??
i tried this card on SL 10.6.8 with no work, the card only working on 10.6.2

Its not working for me on lion.My os hang with [PCI configuration begin].PLs help. ati hd 4350 1gb graphics card,

so you could install and enter to the OS, to make all those steps..

but i have this GPU and I just cant install and enter to the OS

please help me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back