Contribute
Register

How to enable AirDrop on 10.11 via Ethernet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
DH55HC
CPU
i5-750
Graphics
GTX 950 2GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, is it possible to enable AirDrop via Ethernet on 10.11? I have no Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, I tried this command:

HTML:
defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

The AirDrop option is showed in Finder, but doesn't work with my iPhone.

Any ideas?

Hello, is it possible to enable AirDrop via Ethernet on 10.11? I have no Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, I tried this command:

HTML:

The AirDrop option is showed in Finder, but doesn't work with my iPhone.

Any ideas?
Did you manage to fix this?I have the same problem
Thanks

Did you manage to fix this?I have the same problem
Thanks
With no WiFi or Bluetooth how do you expect the signal to physically transfer from Ethernet to your phone ?

With no WiFi or Bluetooth how do you expect the signal to physically transfer from Ethernet to your phone ?
Well,the same way i connect to any of the computers in my network......trough the router.......from the ethernet port of the computer to the router and then to anything connected to that router,wireless or not
p.d. forgot to say i have bluetooth working

The original poster said :
is it possible to enable AirDrop via Ethernet on 10.11? I have no Wi-Fi or Bluetooth

You said :
I have the same problem

If you have a wireless router you do not have the same problem.

The original poster said :

You said :

If you have a wireless router you do not have the same problem.
Well i meant that my desktop doesn't have wireless card or wireless usb installed...i thougt the person who open the thread meant the same...

Well i meant that my desktop doesn't have wireless card or wireless usb installed...i thougt the person who open the thread meant the same...
To be fair I guess what he said can be interpreted both ways, we don't have a lot to go on.
The stated Terminal command is all that can be done to enable it though.
Code:

To be fair I guess what he said can be interpreted both ways, we don't have a lot to go on.
The stated Terminal command is all that can be done to enable it though.
Code:
Yes i did run that command long time ago and after i could see airdrop in the finder but nothing else,to this day...like the person who open the thread that is why i think we are in the same situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back