Contribute
Register

How to enable AHCI in Windows 7 post install

anyone with Gigabyte mothers are experiencing after enabling AHCI, that Bios takes too long time while booting, sayin' "Loading Operating System"..?

I found this very annoying.....

And i have the last Bios (F9) for my GA-P55A-UD3

if anyone knows how to fix it... it would be nice =)

Thx.
Sergio.

fit said:
anyone with Gigabyte mothers are experiencing after enabling AHCI, that Bios takes too long time while booting, sayin' "Loading Operating System"..?

I found this very annoying.....

And i have the last Bios (F9) for my GA-P55A-UD3

if anyone knows how to fix it... it would be nice =)

Thx.
Sergio.
It's not from enabling AHCI, it's because Gigabyte made CD-ROM booting slower. Changing boot order to HD 1st will speed things up.

Hello all! n00b here to tonymac, but not totally new to hackintoshing

I have an intel dual core desktop with decent hardware that I want to OS X.

I followed all the directions, and made all the boot disks and flash drives.

iBoot works and gets the SL disk running, to give me the GSOD.

I am having similar issues enabling AHCI..as in I can't do it. My first troubleshooting says I have to fix this first. (I have an old BIOS 1.7 and the BIOS versions go up to 2.8)

I have Win & running, but I have a new SATA drive, and no option to enable AHCI from the bios.

I think I need to update the BIOS, and hope they added features, but I am weary to do screw with a working BIOS.

I am open to suggestions, and I thank those that make hackintoshing possible daily...

Does this work with Windows XP 64-bit? I suspect not...

Thanks to iBoot, I finally having a working Radeon 5750. Problem is I had to do an AHCI install to an old laptop drive I had lying about. Now I need to get the install on to my main drive, that has an existing install of XP64 on it. Previously, I had installed SL on this same drive with a different install method that worked fine with my old Nvidia 8800GT. Now I'm trying to wipe that old SL install with the iBoot install, but it won't boot because it (apparently) doesn't have a kext that will work with the Intel P35 SATA controller in IDE mode.

So that leaves me 2 options - find a kext that will work in IDE mode (and won't conflict with my JMicron controller) or retroactively install AHCI on my XP64 install. Anyone know how to do either?

I utilized the .reg file that megablip supplied and got windows 7 to boot. Which is great!

I've noticed some changes in the way win 7 is acting. When changing win 7 to ahci, will it cause things to act differently?

Basically my internal drives are now seen in the "safely remove hardware, eject media" button in the taskbar as being eject-able. Also my adobe cs3 programs no longer close. When I click the x to close the program just sits in "not responding" mode and I have to use task manager to get them to close.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

carlogofarlo said:
Basically my internal drives are now seen in the "safely remove hardware, eject media" button in the taskbar as being eject-able. Also my adobe cs3 programs no longer close. When I click the x to close the program just sits in "not responding" mode and I have to use task manager to get them to close.
I read somewhere about having to install a motherboard specific driver.

I had an issue with Windows Vista and a Gigabyte motherboard. I did the registry change, rebooted and changed to AHCI in bios, but I got an error "disk error". I tried reordering how the SATA drives were connected, but what finally worked was hitting F12 and specifying which drive I wanted as the boot drive. I just hope I only had to do that once.

I followed the instructions from <http://www.ithinkdiff.com/how-to-enable-ahci-in-windows-7-rc-after-installation/> and got W7 to boot just fine. For an evening...

But....

the next day, I booted (via Chameleon at startup) into SL. Worked fine. Transferred a bunch of data overnight to another drive that W7 could see, since it can't read the drives formatted for Mac. System was still up and working in the morning when I shut it down before leaving the house.

Upon returning I tried starting the system up, only to find it refusing to boot. It will not even get past the spinning/rotating stick before OS selection screen of Chameleon. (or is it iBoot at that point? I'm not quite clear on that.)

I created a USB boot stick for Ubuntu, and am able to boot into Ubuntu (changing boot sequence, etc) just fine. In this way I have determined that my drives are all still working... I have tried booting iBoot from the cd/dvd and still no luck. At a loss as to what to do next.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

my hackintosh specs.txt

Attachments

• my hackintosh specs.txt
    257 bytes · Views: 283
Hello All,

I successfully installed SL on my second hard drive (in AHCI mode of course), and I had Windows 7 preinstalled on the first HD in RAID mode. Once I got everything working fine in SL, I disconnected my SL HD, connected the first HD, changed SATA mode back to RAID, booted into Windows and tried applying this fix. When I try enabling AHCI mode into Windows, it keeps rebooting after the Windows Logo. The 2nd HD with SL is disconnected.

Any help?

Uhm, wow... where to start, what to say...

I think you might've buggered up your system.
See if you can run some kind of system restore.

The thing is, you see, you can't run RAID and AHCI, it's one or the other.
This means that you either have to manually switch in the BIOS every time you want to run OSX, or run Windows from a single drive in AHCI mode.

Back