Contribute
Register

How to dual boot OS X El Capitan (Installed with unibeast/clover) and Windows 10 both of which are o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look to help everyone here the best solution to fix this is to install windows in UEFI (even though you may have a legacy only bios) UEFI is the best solution as it is better than legacy but how you do it. First you make sure you have a pure gpt(which means no fat partitions) so when you install OS X and your in disk utility your 2nd partition make it OS X extended journaled and name it Windows and then load up Windows with the computer to make your Windows installer get your Iso and extract it to a blank fat32 usb then after its done copying over go to sources find install.wim and open it up and go to 1/Windows/Boot/EFI/and then extract bootmgfw.efi to your desktop. Then go back to the root of the flash drive and go to EFI/Microsoft/Boot then rename the file cdboot.efi to cdboot.BAK then copy over bootmgfw.efi to that directory then you boot into clover find the Windows thing and it should say something like boot Windows from bootmgfw.efi or something like that and then it should boot to the installer and once you go to the place where you choose where to install you choose the one that has the right space for what you partitioned click it then click delete and then click on new then make sure that's the right partition and then click next and it should work and install and from then on Windows will then work in clover.

I know my question is slightly off topic .. But I feel you might have the answer to it .

I have the exact same issue clover dual boot... but I'm more interested in booting my 2nd hard drive that has legacy installed windows in it to run on parallels .. Parallels and VMware give me this ( operating system not found) does parallels and VMware require UEFI windows as well?

do I have to reinstall windows again via Parallels? or can my existing hard drive just boot in parallels?

dual boot from clover requires converting to UEFI . I can always boot form the bios so its not a deal breaker for me .

I hope you can help me out .
If you have a Windows Legacy install and want to maintain it, install Clover Legacy Mode. There is no requirement to install it UEFI.

Problem is try loading Windows legacy via the clover boot loader cause it don't work and if you ever figure it out let me know cause I can't get it to work for my life

If you have a Windows Legacy install and want to maintain it, install Clover Legacy Mode. There is no requirement to install it UEFI.

I'm a not sure about this step since I followed directions for my skylake installation with clover and used UEFI .. It never said it was optional.

how do I install clover to Legacy mode? though multibeast? or do I need a new Unibeast installation ?

No follow the guide what I posted earlier is for motherboards that are older and can't handle UEFI but motherboards like skylake can easily handle UEFI so you want to make sure clover is UEFI and Windows is UEFI because UEFI is way better than legacy is and if your motherboard can handle it than do it. Only reason clover legacy is there is because of older motherboards

No follow the guide what I posted earlier is for motherboards that are older and can't handle UEFI but motherboards like skylake can easily handle UEFI so you want to make sure clover is UEFI and Windows is UEFI because UEFI is way better than legacy is and if your motherboard can handle it than do it. Only reason clover legacy is there is because of older motherboards

Thanks I didn't want to re-insall windows .. actually I don't even know how to install windows on UEFI mode. I read some article about switching without formatting .. but seemed tricky .. The problem is my I can't risk loosing data from my windows drive (ill back up just in case )

let me know if there is an easy way to make my legacy windows to UEFI windows .

Thanks again for your time .

Thy that s help me, and jacopers :thumbup::thumbup:
See http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html
Only difference is use of Clover instead of Chimera and install Windows UEFI mode instead of Legacy mode on board with UEFI/BIOS set up for UEFI booting. Or, on a Z77 board, create your UniBeast installer Legacy Mode, install both OS X and Windows in Legacy mode per the linked guide and install Clover Legacy Mode post install with MultiBeast.

and my next Question is how is possible to make the Clover Boot Screen in a better screen Resolution, i have the Problem thats not so good actually, i hope that you can help me

Not exactly sure but what's the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back