Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z270 IX HERO
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
Asus GTX 980ti STRIX
Hey guys,

Could someone please point me to a guide or tell me how to install Windows 7 onto a completely different hard drive after having Lion already installed on another? I saw the tonymacx86 guide for installing onto a partitioned drive but I'm too stupid to apply it to my own situation.

I have two Crucial M4s, one has Lion already installed and fully functional. I just bought the second one and I really don't want to screw anything up so if anyone knows exactly what to do I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks! :D

Unplug the OS X drive, plug in the Windows drive, install Windows, plug the OS X drive back in, press F12 when you switch on the computer to quickly select which drive you want to boot from.

HaxMan said:
Thanks for your response!

I did what you said, but when I try to boot with my dvd drive it says "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected".
Not sure what the issue is, anyone know?

Go into your BIOS (continually press the Delete key while the computer starts). Inside the BIOS, make sure that your DVD drive is set to the first boot device.

I did that already (thanks for response)
Do I need to set my sata to IDE to install Windows or is that for something else?

EDIT: Okay so I realized the disc was damaged but I cleaned it up and installed Windows.

But now I have another problem. After it went through the installation process, it restarted the computer. But not when it tries to boot up Windows it goes to a black screen and then the computer restarts, over and over again. I tried reattaching my other hard drives and booting windows through the bootloader but the same thing happens. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back