Contribute
Register

[How-to] Download Sierra 10.12.6 installer using Mac App Store command line interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did me further. First of all I got the list of available commands when dragging in the mas-file which I did not get before. Then I was fiddling with the arrow buttons and all of a sudden this appeared, yet I don't know exactly what I was doing:

Eriks-MacBook:~ erikvandenboom$ /Users/erikvandenboom/Downloads/mas

Available commands:

account Prints the primary account Apple ID

help Display general or command-specific help

install Install from the Mac App Store

list Lists apps from the Mac App Store which are currently installed

outdated Lists pending updates from the Mac App Store

reset Resets the Mac App Store

search Search for apps from the Mac App Store

signin Sign in to the Mac App Store

signout Sign out of the Mac App Store

upgrade Upgrade outdated apps from the Mac App Store

version Print version number

Eriks-MacBook:~ erikvandenboom$ /Users/erikvandenboom/Downloads/mas-cli/mas install 1127487414

-bash: /Users/erikvandenboom/Downloads/mas-cli/mas: No such file or directory

Eriks-MacBook:~ erikvandenboom$ /Users/erikvandenboom/Downloads/mas-cli/mas install 1127487414

-bash: /Users/erikvandenboom/Downloads/mas-cli/mas: No such file or directory

Eriks-MacBook:~ erikvandenboom$ sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Password:

/Volumes/USB is not a valid volume mount point.

Eriks-MacBook:~ erikvandenboom$
Are you sure you signed in?
If 'mas list' lists nothing, then your apple id is not linked to any mac computer. Or, you have not signed in.

I bought the Macbook second hand and the installation has been done under a different Apple account. That might be the reason why it doesn't work?

Works fine over here.

mas.png

I was having the same issue with it not installing, and then I messed around with the code and made sure it was the right directory and it worked. The issue was there was no folder in my downloads; it was just downloading the mas file. Also, dont move it from your downloads folder after you download the mas file. Just leave it in there.

So starting from the beginning step. Download the first listed file in the link that was on the first comment.

Then open up terminal and paste this into it:

/Users/(YourUsername)/Downloads/mas install 1127487414

In place of (YourUsername) type your username (this is not your app store login, just your username of your computer).

Then make sure the type indicator is at the end of the command and hit "enter" on your keyboard, and it will download.

Also dont drag the mas file into the terminal.

Working good for me I choose the home-brew method and actually installed it directly to my system so I never have to worry about some directory and can just type "mas install whatever appID" in terminal

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
Please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
Where I should put that .pkg file for UniBeast to recognize it?
UniBeast will not recognise it.
You need an Install macOS Sierra.app in your /Applications folder.

Use the method as explained in Post #1 or use: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-sierra/id1127487414?mt=12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back