1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 20th Anniv. Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
the title says it all i need to switch wifi with internet en0 and en1 wise any help?

the title says it all i need to switch wifi with internet en0 and en1 wise any help?

1. Open System Preferences->Network.
  2. Select each of the interfaces you want to reorder and click the minus sign at the bottom of the list to remove them (one at a time).
  3. Click Apply.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Open System Preferences->Network again.
  6. Click the plus sign at the bottom of the list.
  7. Select the interface you want as en0 and click Create.
  8. Select the interface you want as en1 and click Create.
  9. Click Apply.
  10. Reboot again just to be safe.
  11. After your system comes back up, the interfaces should be in the proper order.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying this as one step in attempting to get continuity working using my supported card on Sierra. Every time I delete networks, delete networkinterfaces.plist, reboot, add my WiFi card and restart again, it still comes up as en1. How do I get it to be en0? It's the only network interface.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying this as one step in attempting to get continuity working using my supported card on Sierra. Every time I delete networks, delete networkinterfaces.plist, reboot, add my WiFi card and restart again, it still comes up as en1. How do I get it to be en0? It's the only network interface.
Ethernet must be BuiltIn and en0.
Wireless interface is ok as en1.

Ethernet must be BuiltIn and en0.
Wireless interface is ok as en1.

Did you figure it out?

Obviously you are doing this? right
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

if you haven't already. Try shutting down > disconnecting network equipment(take out wifi card) disconnect ethernet
then reboot
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
open networks pref, make a new location, delete the old one, and then delete all the network devices.
empty trash > reboot

Now go plug in ethernet > sys prefs Networks > re-add ethernet.
open terminal: ifconfig

Is it en0?

worked for me. The you can add the wifi card back. In my case turning off and at the start was enough for me to swap it over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back