Contribute
Register

How to Disable NVIDIA to reduce heat and extend battery life (Yosemite on Toshiba P850)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup Man Worked Great :D
Thank You for your Help

i wanna ask about Updating my OS X!
is this possible or i need after to change and fix some kexts?
Thanks

Yup Man Worked Great :D
Thank You for your Help

i wanna ask about Updating my OS X!
is this possible or i need after to change and fix some kexts?
Thanks

When you update, you'll need to repatch any kexts that you had to patch when you first installed if those kexts are overwritten by the update.

It is why so many are moving to Clover, since these patches can be done in config.plist instead of on disk.

When you update, you'll need to repatch any kexts that you had to patch when you first installed if those kexts are overwritten by the update.

It is why so many are moving to Clover, since these patches can be done in config.plist instead of on disk.
ok get it but actually do you think better switch to clover on my system?
i was first gonna use clover since i used before but u recommended in this thread :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/99155-toshiba-satellite-p850-0c4-help.html
to use chimera with non UEFI
if you think i better do it and its not that I'm gonna do anythings from beginning so no problem ill try
and if chimera is better for my system so ill keep it,
updates are not urgent

ok get it but actually do you think better switch to clover on my system?
i was first gonna use clover since i used before but u recommended in this thread :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/99155-toshiba-satellite-p850-0c4-help.html
to use chimera with non UEFI
if you think i better do it and its not that I'm gonna do anythings from beginning so no problem ill try
and if chimera is better for my system so ill keep it,
updates are not urgent

If you have UEFI, Clover is a no-brainer.

But even without UEFI, you should consider Clover... or at least attempt it. When you're ready, of course...

If you have UEFI, Clover is a no-brainer.

But even without UEFI, you should consider Clover... or at least attempt it. When you're ready, of course...

OK Dude Great. So lets See

i have now Working:

• Power management
  • HD4000 Working with brightness fix
  • Audio with no audio after sleep fixed (just line-in Jack not working)
  • USB 3.0
  • Nvidia Disabled (to save power)
  • Camera
  • Battery (just added the kext)

and the missing still :
WiFi not compatible so i'm using USB WiFi pin
HDMI audio didn't try it yet

is there anything missing still or its fine to switch to clover now... ?

to switch to clover i believe that :
  • DSDT and SSDT i can use all same first just move them to other folder (clover folder)
  • Kexts will work same as they are now
  • and i should create .plist file for clover similar to that for chameleon but clovers format

and after booting successfully using clover then i start optimizing to use some clover patches instead of some kexts

Thank You :)

OK Dude Great. So lets See

i have now Working:

• Power management
  • HD4000 Working with brightness fix
  • Audio with no audio after sleep fixed (just line-in Jack not working)
  • USB 3.0
  • Nvidia Disabled (to save power)
  • Camera
  • Battery (just added the kext)

and the missing still :
WiFi not compatible so i'm using USB WiFi pin
HDMI audio didn't try it yet

is there anything missing still or its fine to switch to clover now... ?

to switch to clover i believe that :
  • DSDT and SSDT i can use all same first just move them to other folder (clover folder)
  • Kexts will work same as they are now
  • and i should create .plist file for clover similar to that for chameleon but clovers format

and after booting successfully using clover then i start optimizing to use some clover patches instead of some kexts

Thank You :)

That's the basic idea. Experiment with Clover by installing it to a USB and booting your existing install using the USB. A fresh install has some advantages (fresh start with unpatched kernel/kexts/etc) but that can be done after you figure out the basics of Clover.

There is information and config.plist for common laptop configs here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back