Contribute
Register

How to diagnose random reboots and crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ok, how can I correct them? The DSDT.aml was from someone else helping me whom I no longer have contact with unfortunately.
Either extract and patch the tables properly or use only Clover patching + SSDT overrides. There are threads in the laptop forum for patching DSDT and also patching ACPI with Clover. And there may be guides for your motherboard that can help. Dropping in DSDTs from elsewhere will give you problems.

Edit: There is a guide here there may be more

Last edited:
Ok I don't know how to extract and patch the tables, I've never done that but I can research it. So I will continue to crash with that DSDT.aml file there? What happens if I remove it?

Thanks very much.

I am trying to follow this guide but when I try to edit my DSDT.dsl with MaciASL I am getting an error when I compile before I even apply any patches which says 'name already exists in scope (bnum)' Do I ignore this error or what?

I am trying to follow this guide but when I try to edit my DSDT.dsl with MaciASL I am getting an error when I compile before I even apply any patches which says 'name already exists in scope (bnum)' Do I ignore this error or what?
It won't compile properly in maciASL anyway, but if you get the error after patching - maybe delete bnum at where the error is.

You mean it wont compile properly in maciASL at all or because of the error?

You mean it wont compile properly in maciASL at all or because of the error?
You will be alright if you decompiled with iasl and are using the maciasl version linked in the guide. Try deleting the second bnum declaration, the error should go away.

He's got four SSDT files in his EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder. I don't suppose I can just copy those into mine ?

He's got four SSDT files in his EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder. I don't suppose I can just copy those into mine ?
If there are renames in config.plist copy them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back