Contribute
Register

how to define a newly installed GPU as the principal graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to do the change of into iMac19,1 SMBIOS and PlatformID 0x3E920003

however after saving the changes (through clover into the config.plist) the boot was not recognised (prohibitory symbol - circle with a line)

I reverted to a previous version giving another try

I cannot figure out how to modify the rest of the info you suggested ...according to Hackintool I have the following characteristics

System Info
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Platform ID 0x3E920000

@soklasokla

That platformID is not a Headless one ...
You need to use one of PlatformID's I gave you in Post #4 ...

If WEG Auto Detect / Auto Configure does not do it for you then you must do it manually as per the guide I linked you to. You need to select a CFL IGPU Headless PlatformID in Hackintool and use it to generate framebuffer patch code. Then copy and paste into into your config.plist.

Cheers
Jay

after several hours and attempts, I'm back to basis. I can use the two graphic cards in parallel, having the native one as a principal and the new Radeon only as a secondary. However, if I try to setup in the BIOS the Radeon as the principal I get the black screen issue. In order to reset the problem, I have to physically uninstal the card to be able to see anything in the bios and reconfigure the native one as the main one.

Following @jaymonkey's steps, I managed to change the product Name into iMac19,1 in the clover's SMBIOS. However the PlatformID change through the Hackintool was multiple times unsuccesful causing series of bugs.

I include the last stable config.plist that works for now, with two monitors but without RADEON being the principle one. Hope we can find a solution

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 55
@soklasokla

That platformID is not a Headless one ...
You need to use one of PlatformID's I gave you in Post #4 ...

If WEG Auto Detect / Auto Configure does not do it for you then you must do it manually as per the guide I linked you to. You need to select a CFL IGPU Headless PlatformID in Hackintool and use it to generate framebuffer patch code. Then copy and paste into into your config.plist.

Cheers
Jay
Hey @jaymonkey!
The platform ID I mentioned before is one of the two you suggested.
I followed the guide but unfortunately didn't work. I had to revert back to a previous config.plist without the change PlatformID.
Cheers

Hey @jaymonkey!
The platform ID I mentioned before is one of the two you suggested.
I followed the guide but unfortunately didn't work. I had to revert back to a previous config.plist without the change PlatformID.
Cheers

Check your config.plist. You changed the name of your system-defintion to iMac19,1 BUT you still have an iMac18,1 BIOS version. Looks incomplete.

You still have not changed the ig-platform-ID to one of the ones @jaymonkey suggested in post #4, so the problems will persist.

:)

Check your config.plist. You changed the name of your system-defintion to iMac19,1 BUT you still have an iMac18,1 BIOS version. Looks incomplete.

You still have not changed the ig-platform-ID to one of the ones @jaymonkey suggested in post #4, so the problems will persist.

I changed the system definition through the clover configurator. How can I change it otherwise?

about the ig-platform-ID, I did use hackintool but could not boot after the change.

I inlcude the unsuccesful config.plist

if you please suggest more detailed code changes. I am a newbie into the Hackintosh lifestyle

thank you for your help in any case

Attachments

• config copy 10-main monitor issue.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 79
I changed the system definition through the clover configurator. How can I change it otherwise?

about the ig-platform-ID, I did use hackintool but could not boot after the change.

I inlcude the unsuccesful config.plist

if you please suggest more detailed code changes. I am a newbie into the Hackintosh lifestyle

thank you for your help in any case

Okay...

Clover Configurator is a good way to learn the stuff you need.

The config.plist you attached seems to be corrupted. So I can't open it with Clover Configurator, although TextEdit will. However I will use the previous one...

The ig-platform-ID you need to select is in a simple pull-down menu. Go to the Graphics tab:

Here is what you have -

GPU1.jpg

This is one of the two options it should be -

GPU2.jpg

It's a simple pull-down menu, as I say.

For your SMBIOS / System-Definition you use the pull-down menu here and select the appropriate model. It will correctly complete all the fields. (If you want you can use a previous serial-number if you registered it with Apple).

SMB1s.jpg

omg that is so useful! thank you so much! Just made what you suggested. praying to tech-gods and restarting!

dear @UtterDisbelief

although your information were super helpful and clear
unfortunately it didn't work after defining the RADEON as the primary CPU. Again black screen.
I had to disassemble the computer and take out the card to make it work again (as it goes directly to the RADEON and gives a black screen).
I send you the config.plist in case you have any refinements to make it work
thanks again!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 77
dear @UtterDisbelief

although your information were super helpful and clear
unfortunately it didn't work after defining the RADEON as the primary CPU. Again black screen.
I had to disassemble the computer and take out the card to make it work again (as it goes directly to the RADEON and gives a black screen).
I send you the config.plist in case you have any refinements to make it work
thanks again!

Your config.plist looks much better now now :thumbup:

We need to bring @jaymonkey back on here because I have a recommendation but am not 100% sure of it as I don't use the iGPU as headless here.

My suggestion is to remove the GFX redirect because you want the Radeon to initalise and the iGPU to operate without output.

Cancel the - GFX0 to iGPU rename - by marking it "Disabled". Save. Reboot etc.

IGPU.png

Easy to revert if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back