Contribute
Register

how to define a newly installed GPU as the principal graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My suggestion is to remove the GFX redirect because you want the Radeon to initalise and the iGPU to operate without output.

@soklasokla, @UtterDisbelief,

Yes i would not use clover to do the GPU ACPI renames as it's not intelligent and just blindly renames everything in the ACPI tables ... which can cause real problems in dual GPU systems.

My recommendation would be to use WEG as it smartly applies ACPI renames to specific devices.

Procedure should be :-
  1. Remove all IGPU and dGPU injects and options from the config.plist.
  2. Install latest versions of Lilu + WEG
  3. Set the AMD dGPU as the primary display adapter in the BIOS and enable the IGPU
  4. Reboot and use Hackingtool to check the IGPU PlatfromID in use.
  5. If the PlatfromID is not a headless one then WEG's auto detect/auto configure has failed and it will be necessary to manually define a Headless IGPU PlatformID using Hackintool's IGPU patch generator.
Example patch code for UHD 630 using headless PlatfromID 0x3E910003 :-

Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                AwCRPg==
                </data>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal@0,2,0</string>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                mz4AAA==
                </data>
            </dict>

Everything is explained in the Lilu + Plug-in's guide :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Thank you guys for your help! I got back to work today and I found out that no graphics card was working (not even the nataive). I had to revert back to ground zero but I have kept the steps done on Friday.

I was trying to solve the issues until late Friday evening. I ll try what you suggest tomorrow when I have a break from working.

@jaymonkey I still have not understand how to use WhatEverGreen, although I have already installed it. I cannot find an individual software. Though, I have been using already Hackintool as you suggest in your tutorial.

Thanks again and I update you hoping that it will be a success tomorrow!

I have followed the details several times but it feels that I end up always on a dead end... I end up with a black screen everytime I add the second GPU

Also, I cannot find a piece of software for WhatEverGreen as jaymonkey suggest to do the changes there and not through clover, although I have already installed the kext files you have suggested.

after the last changes, there is no GPU recognized by my system... I include the config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back