Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] Custom entry in OpenCore to boot Windows

Yes @deeveedee I did my first spoiler here thanks to your comment. What could be the problem?
Whichever it is, either there has been a confusion or the answer seems exaggerated to me.

@miliuco I'm not sure what happened. I think there was confusion and my original post was deleted. Maybe the person didn't know we could create spoilers on tonymacx86? I'm not sure.

@miliuco I'm not sure what happened. I think there was confusion and my original post was deleted. Maybe the person didn't know we could create spoilers on tonymacx86? I'm not sure.
That is not possible, if a moderator / administrator deletes your post is someone who knows very well how spoilers are created in this forum.
In some previous post of mine I have named IM without problems.
But I don't remember you naming it in your post because I remember that I copied the spoiler-related text and pasted it as is in the first post of this thread.

I think I might start posting everything in this forum as a spoiler. :)

Windows 11 requires UEFI secure-boot and TPM enabled to install and run unless workaround with copying from Win 10 sources file the following dll: appraiserres.dll then replacing the file in Window 11 bootable media for installing. Final version of 11 may or maynot have this requirement.

I noticed that recent OC commits seem to be related to TPM. Maybe a future version of OC is going to address this?
It's possible, since it says "TpmInfo: Initial version" and "Check Intel PTT (Platform Trust Technology) capability on the platform, which allows using TPM 2.0 if enabled. The tool does not check whether TPM 2.0 is actually enabled."
It seems to be only a check for now.
Have you read Hervé in IM today? He has a good summary about Windows 11 and TPM.

@miliuco No - I haven't read his summary, but there's lots of public info (some of it conflicting). I don't have Windows running on any of my "client" machines anymore (all my Windows clients and servers are running in VMs). It will probably be a while until I try Windows 11.

as I noted, both checks if initiated by MS, can be overridden, by using the .dll copy-paste method, unless MS decides to use a more elaborate lockdown method in the final, and make SB and TPM mandatory for 11 installations.

Sorry...can be deleted.

Last edited:
Back