Contribute
Register

How to create your own DSDT using MaciASL

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
i can't find my motherboard Z68X-UD3H-B3 v1.3 Bios U1L
any ell please

There are no repositories for MaciASL that I know of that contain patches for Gigabyte Z68 motherboards. There are some pre-edited DSDTs out there if you search the web. You could try some of those, but it is always recommended to make your own using a blank DSDT extracted from your specific system and then apply the necessary standard patches yourself. I have no real experience in that area though, so you should do your own research to learn as much as you can and then start your own thread if you need help.

Hi

You say to start using a blank dsdt... but how is that done?

I will need to build my own from scratch as the one for asus p6t WS has been removed from the database for some odd reason

First, you have to boot without a DSDT

Boot without DSDT

• Boot the machine
  • When you see Chimera splash screen, press enter
  • Type "DSDT=NULL"
  • Press enter
  • When you reach OS X desktop, open MaciASL

When you open MaciASL, it will extract your system DSDT automatically. That is your base to start from. I suggest saving a copy of your blank DSDT somewhere. That way if you have to start over again, you have a blank copy and don't have to do the DSDT=NULL boot flag again.

Hy can you make a DSTS for me on this sistem Asus X550c for an intel i3 3217u, intel HM76 chipset, integrated intel HD 4000 and the geforce GT720m please i try one week to make functions my mavericks but with no succes

Hy can you make a DSTS for me on this sistem Asus X550c for an intel i3 3217u, intel HM76 chipset, integrated intel HD 4000 and the geforce GT720m please i try one week to make functions my mavericks but with no succes

Hi Klaus1988, did you get guidance for your DSDT?
I have similar laptop and also plan to hackintosh it.

Is there any reason why clicking the patch icon would yield no changes to the screen? I have added the necessary sources based on the guide and I still get nothing after clicking the patch button. Attached the sources for reference. Running 10.8.5 and can provide more info if needed.

Attachments

• Patch Button.jpg
    Patch Button.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 1,192
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back