Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello folks,

Does anyone have any good solutions for how to set up recovery HD partitions? A few apps like Parallels Desktop 7 and FileVault 2 requires recovery HD partition.

Thanks,
Sword7

Sword7 said:
Hello folks,

Does anyone have any good solutions for how to set up recovery HD partitions? A few apps like Parallels Desktop 7 and FileVault 2 requires recovery HD partition.

Thanks,
Sword7

Not quiet sure what you are asking, but if you are trying to set up a copy of your Lion HDD try:

Carbon Copy Cloner (shareware)
SuperDuper! (paid software)

File Vault 2 does not work on a Hackintosh, because they lack the proper firmware support, so having a Recovery HD will not help you there.

Parallels Desktop 7 only requires a Recovery HD when you want to create a new Lion VM. The good thing is you don't need to have the Recovery HD on your main drive. I just used my MacBook to install a unmodified copy of Lion to a small USB stick and inserting that stick allows me to create a new Lion VM in Parallels. After the VM is created you no longer need the Recovery HD.

One more thing, Parallels Desktop 7 will only allow you to start a Mac OS X VM (either Lion or Snow Leopard), if you run the following command in Terminal.app after every reboot:

sudo nvram 8BE4DF61-93CA-11d2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:BootCurrent=1

xaarg said:
One more thing, Parallels Desktop 7 will only allow you to start a Mac OS X VM (either Lion or Snow Leopard), if you run the following command in Terminal.app after every reboot:

sudo nvram 8BE4DF61-93CA-11d2-AA0D-00E098032B8C:BootCurrent=1

Netkas should be credited for this tip :
Code:
http://netkas.org/?p=948

I got that line from a "Parallels Technical Support Engineer" after filing a ticket that I can't start OS X VMs on my hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back