Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asrock h170m pro4
CPU
6600t
Graphics
integrated
I have a flash drive that is a clover macos installer. I'd like to keep that drive around so I can do it again in the future, but I don't want to keep this flash drive just laying around not being used. I'd like to create an image of the contents so I can repurpose the drive, but be able to restore it back to it at a later point ( make it bootable again too ).

i tried Disk utility,its not work,cant boot up,seems lack efi partition.

thanks.

I have a flash drive that is a clover macos installer. I'd like to keep that drive around so I can do it again in the future, but I don't want to keep this flash drive just laying around not being used. I'd like to create an image of the contents so I can repurpose the drive, but be able to restore it back to it at a later point ( make it bootable again too ).

i tried Disk utility,its not work,cant boot up,seems lack efi partition.

thanks.
Probably not a good idea. If your system goes down you won’t have a recovery USB which is the main point of having it.
Think of a sheet of paper side one has the EFI which gives you the boot files. The side two is the OS to be loaded. This is how most installer USB sticks are formatted UEFI.

thx,ill try this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back