Contribute
Register

How to Create a OS X El Capitan Public Beta Installation USB Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used
sudo '/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan GM Candidate.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia' --volume '/Volumes/USB' --applicationpath '/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan GM Candidate.app' --nointeraction
in terminal.....

Greeting Forum
Just wanted to say thank you to the following people for there help and directions

N3oNLit3
Pilgrim
Rehab man

I know have a fully functioning OS X El Capitan GM version with everything working including sound
Thanks guys keep up the good work

I followed the guide above and made a USB for the GM seed.

However, I must have missed something because when I boot from my USB I am getting the error:

"Can't find /System/Library/kernels/kernel"

I know this is because locations are different in Yosemite/El Cap, but anyone have any idea how to resolve this? :S

EDIT:
Turns out that Clover must be finding things on my Yosemite drive (that I was hoping to erase install) and wouldn't go any further. Unplug this and problem solved. I guess I'll erase it somehow then try again...

Now I just have a no-entry sign when I attempt to boot.
Photo 20-09-2015, 23 45 12.jpgPhoto 20-09-2015, 23 44 34.jpg

EL CAPITAN GM Works great with my Rig!

And with new nvidia driver (WebDriver-346.03.01b07) finally my 980 TI seems to work very well!
Just one more trick for boot: OsxAptioFixDrv2-64 !
wink_anim.gif

And one more flag (for GTX 980 TI): nv_disable=1
First tests, show me everything ok (maybe bluetooth doesn't work...)
hysterical.gif

Work in progress of course, by the way...first impression are good! :headbang:

EL CAPITAN GM Works great with my Rig!

And with new nvidia driver (WebDriver-346.03.01b07) finally my 980 TI seems to work very well!
Just one more trick for boot: OsxAptioFixDrv2-64 !
wink_anim.gif

And one more flag (for GTX 980 TI): nv_disable=1
First tests, show me everything ok (maybe bluetooth doesn't work...)
hysterical.gif

Work in progress of course, by the way...first impression are good! :headbang:

Clover_v2.3k_r3270 has OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi from RehabMans's build with a 128mb relocation block. You might want to try it in place of the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi... They both work but OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi is the better choice :thumbup:

RehabMan said:
Suggest OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

Clover_v2.3k_r3270 has OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi from RehabMans's build with a 128mb relocation block. You might want to try it in place of the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi... They both work but OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi is the better choice :thumbup:

GREAT @RehabMan !!! :clap::clap::clap:

...DONE!!! PERFECT !!! :thumbup:

My first was a fresh install on a HDD, now i've tried to upgrade from 10.10.5 to 10.11 GM on SSD,
simply changing EFI partition (from HDD to SDD), works fine, upgrade ok...
...but i've tested nothing, only upgrade, tonight test test test :headbang:

Dont know what is happening here :(

Updated with the usb from yosemite to el capitan
But when I try to boot using the USB I got the "Waiting for DSMOS"
When I try booting with clover(and without USB) I got Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport

Any ideas?
Thx

Dont know what is happening here :(

Updated with the usb from yosemite to el capitan
But when I try to boot using the USB I got the "Waiting for DSMOS"
When I try booting with clover(and without USB) I got Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport

Any ideas?
Thx

What is your hardware? Can you add it to your profile to help others in assisting you. Thank you :thumbup:

Edit*

What version of Clover?
Where did you put your kexts
Did you add this:
Clover config.plist:

Code:
    <key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
    </dict>

Any other helpful info?

What is your hardware? Can you add it to your profile to help others in assisting you. Thank you :thumbup:

Edit*

What version of Clover?
Where did you put your kexts
Did you add this:
Clover config.plist:

Code:
    <key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
    </dict>

Any other helpful info?

Sorry, I'm using the iPhone to post/search while trying to fix the hack hehe
So my hardware is: i7 4770k, GTX 970, AsRock Z87 pro3, 8GB RAM
Was working fine with Yosemite and I didn't added this to config.plist just downloaded the latest standart from OP and using the last version of Clover
Atm trying to install 10.11 again and about the kext I think that the fakeSMC is on folder 10.11,10.10 and Others

Thanks

Edit: I'll try from the scratch tomorrow, installing Yosemite again
Do you think that this config of .plist or/and the FakeSMC at folders 10.11/10.10/Others can cause this problem? The strange thing is that it was installed sucessfully(I think) and when booting at the installed 10.11 got the message "Waiting for DSMOS" :/
I've searched and founs solutions for this message but only when isn't booting the installer, anything about getting thi on installed one

Ok, well lets see how the new/fresh install goes and we can troubleshoot if you continue to have problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back