Contribute
Register

How to Create a OS X El Capitan Public Beta Installation USB Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I'm new to clover.

To me, booting from USB-Key was also impossible.
I'm still on BIOS for my motherboard, so I have no UEFI-option.
I was stuck on the BIOS-Message "Loading Operating System..."

-> I had not checked bootloader/Install boot0af in MBR

after that it booted into what looks like El Capitan Recovery Partition where i select "Install OS X"

Now i have the problem, that the OS Install hangs before the first reboot "about a second remaining".
Also the mouse is stuck...

after that it booted into what looks like El Capitan Recovery Partition where i select "Install OS X"

Now i have the problem, that the OS Install hangs before the first reboot "about a second remaining".
Maybe we have to wait until the final release of 10.11.

Clover install takes a long time to complete, especially via USB. If it doesn't complete at that "about a second remaining", just hard reboot and boot back in.

Well Thank you for this guide i might use it soon so let's hope that have enougth informations to let me start using el capitan but yosemite vs el capitan wich one is better (i know el capitan is in beta stage)

First, thank you for writing the guide Tony.

Unfortunately I get stuck on the grey screen with spinning lollipop of death. I waited 45 minutes and nothing happened so I assume it's not going anywhere. -v is useless because that part goes well and then it goes on to grey screen and after a while the lollipop appears. I tried maxmem=8192, GraphicsEnabler=No, -x -- no dice.

Quick Google doesn't show me any posts about this problem but then the beta has been out the whole two days, so it's understandable.

Anybody got hints for me? Stats below in signature. 10.10.4 works flawlessly (except the fact mouse drivers keep on pooping out on me every few reboots).

First, thank you for writing the guide Tony.

Unfortunately I get stuck on the grey screen with spinning lollipop of death. I waited 45 minutes and nothing happened so I assume it's not going anywhere. -v is useless because that part goes well and then it goes on to grey screen and after a while the lollipop appears. I tried maxmem=8192, GraphicsEnabler=No, -x -- no dice.

Quick Google doesn't show me any posts about this problem but then the beta has been out the whole two days, so it's understandable.

Anybody got hints for me? Stats below in signature. 10.10.4 works flawlessly (except the fact mouse drivers keep on pooping out on me every few reboots).

I have the same problem - I have read it is due to a graphics init issue. In my case it is from mismatched board (Ivy Bridge) and chip (Sandy Bridge). They are Gigabyte Z77-DS3H and a i7-2700k, not that the specifics matter much.

Unibeast has worked fine - it handled this well for me with various installs of 10.9 and 10.10. I am hoping the Unibeast for ElCap Public Beta will help me move past "the grey screen with spinning lollipop of death" and get to the installer.

I tried both direct upgrade and creating a USB stick, but both of them either get stuck at launchd exiting with abnormal code 255, or at best get past it to the spinning lollipop of death.

I enabled my Intel HD4000 and set it up as primary graphics, removed nvda_drv=1 and replaced with nv_disable=1, but the only thing that changed is enabling me to see the black screen with Apple logo and progress bar and lollipop on top of it. My display tells me both graphic units work, they just don't display anything exciting -- one is black with Apple logo, one is gray.

I'll wait for an hour just in case El Capitan needs a REALLY long time to initialise install, then give up. 10.10.4 works. It does worry me though that I might have to replace my gear if I want to upgrade past 10.10.

Edit: The Beasts allowed me to install Yosemite but it was terribly buggy, no sleeep possible, reboots, etc. Clover worked much better. But now Clover just won't cut it. *sigh*

I finally managed to get it working through direct upgrade:)
What I did is the following:

under Yosemite, if you don't have the latest Clover bootloader, update it through the Clover Configurator
mount the EFI partition and go to clover/kexts/10.11, put there Fakesmc. kext and network kext.
launch El Capitan app,
when the hack reboots, a new partition appears "boot El Capitan"

USB 3 isn't working though

I'm having no luck. I was able to install El Capitan through the USB but the Macintosh HD doesn't show up as a boot option. Followed the guide to a T..

Not sure what I did wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back