Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

can i use chameleon boot loader
We only support using Clover as it is the modern boot loader. Chameleon is too old and hard to implement which is why tonymacx86 started transitioning to Clover starting with Yosemite.

hei, is there any special bootflag for sierra ??or i just install multibeast ??

If you use UniBeast and MultiBeast as per the tonymacx86 Guide(s), you'll discover what you will need.

none of the attached plist files working. My system is HP au009tx, Intel skylake 6th gen i7 6500U, Nvidia 940mx, Intel HD 520.
Tried Unibeast method and then replaced the default config.plist with the attached ones.
I am getting kernel panic(cpu 0 caller...) at apple logo
kernelpanic.jpg

Don't know why but UniBeast is not working with me. My Sierra is not booting from SSD drive, just from pendrive - even if I remove it, I get infomation about reboot and select proper device. In BIOS I can see only one position: AHCI P1: Intel SSD. If I would like to run OSX I have to enter USB key.

You need to run MultiBeast to set bootloader to the SSD drive. Download and use MultiBeast, be sure to find you correct sound and Ethernet values first. Get all your mobo graphics and Ethernet device IDs and or settings Handy for MultiBeast install.
Also, you're supposed to list your equipment in your signature line or user profile so that people can help you that have similar builds. It's easier for others if you have system specs listed and I think it's in the rules as well.

this guide still valid? I want a fresh installation on my ssd. Use 10.12.5 but without success. pc stuck at apple logo

At clover boot menu hit the space bar once it will load a screen to select many boot arg. Options. Try selecting -v verbose mode, -x safe mode, etc... there are many options to try to get it booted. Start with verbose mode and see where it stops and try to take a picture of it.

Another thing to consider is the clover config.plist, when you load clover bootloader it has a MacBook 1.1 definition default and many settings for general use. If you already have a previous config.plist form previous build try replacing it.

In clover Kext folder place FakeSMCkext, and possibly NullCPUpowermanagementkext in the "other" folder.

Usually it's the FakeSMCkext missing in the "other"folder that kills the boot process.

To access the clover boot folder use EFIMounter it's free, this will open up the clover EFI folder where you need to make all these changes. If you have one disk on a working system and plug in just one USB (bootloader) then you should select disk1s1, for EFIMoumter target disk. The disk0s1 is the working Mac or hack drive EFI partition.

Hope this helps, start with the FakeSMCKext in other folder first, this is usually the Apple stop or freeze at start of boot process. It's too bad that Unibeast and clover do not automatically add that to the other folder it would make most of the posts for help unnneccessary or for other issues which are less common.

Back