Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

I'm getting a "can't perform kext scan: no kext summary" kernel panic. Is there a fix I can apply to boot into the installation menu?

Do you have SIP disabled? And kexts in either 10.12 or other folder?

The installation just finish and my pc booted from the usb stick. The weird thing is that it cannot find my ssd in clover in order to boot. The ssd can be seen from the bios

The installation just finish and my pc booted from the usb stick. The weird thing is that it cannot find my ssd in clover in order to boot. The ssd can be seen from the bios
It seems that your installation is two-part, you need to boot again from the Install macOS Sierra USB, that happened to me

It seems that your installation is two-part, you need to boot again from the Install macOS Sierra USB, that happened to me
Ok thanks. I found that out by pressing it again (from my mistake)

I use and amd radeon r7 360 (spoof id 67b01002) and it gives me black screen while booting, although I tried to set my mobo to igpu and not pcie
I read it from the amd radeon sierra thread
Any idea?

Odd. My install is hanging at some point (photo attached). Tried with both Legacy and UEFI, with my config.plist or with the posts'. Maybe I should try using some boot flags?
I have the exact same issue. Tried a few times fiddling about with the kexts. Still can't boot :/

I have the exact same issue. Tried a few times fiddling about with the kexts. Still can't boot :/

That's what happened when I tried installing.. then I noticed there was a newer version of Clover up on sourceforge (r3599) updated my USB and booted right into the installer. Clover r3577 was definitely a no go for me at least, now happily running Sierra with no issues besides no sound but I guess there will be a fix for that too :)

That's what happened when I tried installing.. then I noticed there was a newer version of Clover up on sourceforge (r3599) updated my USB and booted right into the installer. Clover r3577 was definitely a no go for me at least, now happily running Sierra with no issues besides no sound but I guess there will be a fix for that too :)

I tried with 3599 first, then 3577 and 3599 again. Sure might just wait a bit, I'm certain they'll be fix.

Back