Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS Mojave Public Beta Installation USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am constantly getting this error
"WARNING: "--applicationpath" is deprecated in macOS 10.14 and greater. Please remove it from your invocation.
To use this tool, you must download the macOS installer application on a Mac with 10.12.5 or later, or El Capitan 10.11.6. For more information, please see the following: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201372."
Why should ı do?

i m also facing same problem...i m on now high sierra 10.13.6....help plz

"WARNING: "--applicationpath" is deprecated in macOS 10.14 and greater. Please remove it from your invocation.
To use this tool, you must download the macOS installer application on a Mac with 10.12.5 or later, or El Capitan 10.11.6. For more information, please see the following: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201372."
Why should ı do?
make sure if you are running Sierra or High Sierra it is the latest version before you download Mojave

make sure if you are running Sierra or High Sierra it is the latest version before you download Mojave
i m on currently high sierra 10.13.6......latest version

Try:
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --nointeraction

I successfully make and boot from USB Installer, but I have this mesage "Installing mac OS Mojave on this mac requires that all graphics cards have metal support and filevault disable"
I check, and my card have metal support.
My system info says " Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3 "
X58-UD4P
Please help me, some one have the same problem ?

Last edited:
I am tempted to try this Public Beta. I have a very nicely working setup with High Sierra at the moment. Am I able to take my existing config.plist, FakeSMC.kext, and other relevant kexts from High Sierra and transplant them into Mojave to make the hardware identifiers all look the same? I will gladly wait for it to be out of Beta and start fresh if that is a better route. The system in my signature is the PC in question. Ultimately I'm trying to make sure everything looks the same from Apple's perspective since I use iCloud/iMessage and etc, and don't want that to all fall apart. Thanks for any info, all!

I am tempted to try this Public Beta. I have a very nicely working setup with High Sierra at the moment. Am I able to take my existing config.plist, FakeSMC.kext, and other relevant kexts from High Sierra and transplant them into Mojave to make the hardware identifiers all look the same? I will gladly wait for it to be out of Beta and start fresh if that is a better route. The system in my signature is the PC in question. Ultimately I'm trying to make sure everything looks the same from Apple's perspective since I use iCloud/iMessage and etc, and don't want that to all fall apart. Thanks for any info, all!
I cloned my High Sierra drive including the EFI folder and installed the Public Beta over it. Works OK. I'm kinda bored with Mojave as other than the wallpaper and dark display it's no big deal. I'll wait for the 10.14.3 release before upgrading.

I cloned my High Sierra drive including the EFI folder and installed the Public Beta over it. Works OK. I'm kinda bored with Mojave as other than the wallpaper and dark display it's no big deal. I'll wait for the 10.14.3 release before upgrading.
I admit, my computer use is minimal these days. With your insight, I am less inclined to potentially bork my current setup. Dark Mode would simply be for my own aesthetic tastes, and serves no practical use for anything I do. Thank you Stork!

I'm having the same issue when trying to make my USB. I've tried all methods that have been suggested in this post and nothing is working. Can somebody help me?

FYI: I'm trying to do this on a MacBook Pro 2014 model currently running Mojave 10.14

I'm having the same issue when trying to make my USB. I've tried all methods that have been suggested in this post and nothing is working. Can somebody help me?

FYI: I'm trying to do this on a MacBook Pro 2014 model currently running Mojave 10.14

So I just checked and my Mojave installer is only around 12MB on disk... When I check the App Store it isn't there, it isn't under purchases, and when I try to go through the beta.apple way it just says that it can't connect to the App Store.

Any advice? Sorry it's the first time I've hacked since 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back