Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

Working hard to get both Beasts out. Hang in there.

Hey guys! I've followed this guide to the letter, and my hackintosh is currently stuck/frozen (aka the progress bar hasn't moved in about 30 minutes) about 4/5ths of the way through the first initial boot, after installing macOS and booting from Clover — beachballed.

After rerunning the above in verbose mode, it's stalling on the line `kextd stall[0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'`.

I can't see many other people in this thread with this specific problem, so I'm wondering how it is best for me to proceed? Specs according to the sidebar. Used the config-sample.plist in the initial post.

Sadly, this was a clean install, so I can't simply go back to 10.12... any thoughts or ideas are welcome!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I followed this guide for building install USB, but have a problem when trying to boot system from created USB. After lots of rows of text I got using verbose mod, as usuall, I get this screen that refreshes every 10 seconds, all the same just the time at start of message changes after 10 seconds. I tried also to change Clover config and put there values I have in current working El Capitan Clover config file I have, but it stops at the same place and I get the same message, just the model isn't iMac but MacBook. Any advice?
I attached clover config file that boots my El Capitan successfully.

My machine is:
DELL Inspiron 3420
Core i5
8GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 620M & Intel HD 4000

The only thing that dodn't work for my on El Capitan with this config.plist file is DELL WiFi card, but I'm using TP-LINK USB successfuly.

IMG_20171020_220628[48390].jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Hi all,

I followed this guide for building install USB, but have a problem when trying to boot system from created USB. After lots of rows of text I got using verbose mod, as usuall, I get this screen that refreshes every 10 seconds, all the same just the time at start of message changes after 10 seconds. I tried also to change Clover config and put there values I have in current working El Capitan Clover config file I have, but it stops at the same place and I get the same message, just the model isn't iMac but MacBook. Any advice?
I attached clover config file that boots my El Capitan successfully.

My machine is:
DELL Inspiron 3420
Core i5
8GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 620M & Intel HD 4000

The only thing that dodn't work for my on El Capitan with this config.plist file is DELL WiFi card, but I'm using TP-LINK USB successfuly.

View attachment 287312
Start a new support thread in High Sierra Desktop Support

Hey guys! I've followed this guide to the letter, and my hackintosh is currently stuck/frozen (aka the progress bar hasn't moved in about 30 minutes) about 4/5ths of the way through the first initial boot, after installing macOS and booting from Clover — beachballed.

After rerunning the above in verbose mode, it's stalling on the line `kextd stall[0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'`.

I can't see many other people in this thread with this specific problem, so I'm wondering how it is best for me to proceed? Specs according to the sidebar. Used the config-sample.plist in the initial post.

Sadly, this was a clean install, so I can't simply go back to 10.12... any thoughts or ideas are welcome!

Tnx, but I decided to buy MacBook. Every year it is bigger pain in the a** to make hackintosh. I thought it will be easier as the new versions come, and I'm building hackintoshes since 10.6. So the only safe and sure way to use and update regulary MacOS is to use it on Mac machines :)

I don't get an installer in my Applications folder no matter what I do. I can find the whole downloaded package in /Library/Updates, but that doesn't include the package wrapper either. Anyone has any idea how to fix this for 10.13.4 b1? Would like to update to fix my Vega 64 fan issue.

You able to play itunes HDCP files with the Vega?

This thread doesn't make sense to me. Probably too dumb to figure it out.

Is the concept here to make a bootable USB, which is bootable by UEFI mode from an Intel Desktop motherboard? Because it is not working for me.

I downloaded the latest Install Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.5 edition from the Apple Store. I created a new single partition USB stick using Disk Utils from another Hackingtosh at 10.13.4 (Clover boot), then
Under Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
10. Click Apply then Partition
11. Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal
12. Type the following, enter password and hit enter. This command completely erases the USB, then creates native installer media from the Install High Sierra Beta Application.

This created a Mac OS bootable installation disk.

But then the instructions direct us to install CLOVER on the same USB stick.

But doesn't the Clover have to go into a MS-DOS formatted partition on the USB stick. Doesn't the UEFI bios of my motherboard expect to see the UEFI bootloader in such a partition of the USB stick? Because I see CLOVER installed on the same Journaled partition in the EFI folder. Surely this is wrong

Cause I can't get this USB stick to boot from the F11 (or F12) boot choice of the BIOS. It just doesn't see the USB stick.

What am I doing wrong or missing?

What am I doing wrong or missing?
If you install Clover in UEFI mode it installs to the /EFI/ folder on the EFI partition.
If you install Clover in Legacy mode it installs to the /EFI/ folder on the system disk.

If you install Clover in UEFI mode it installs to the /EFI/ folder on the EFI partition.

Thanks. I will make sure that I do I get the correct Clover install option next.

I installed Clover from Multibeast 10.3. Is that wrong? Do I have to install directly from the sourceforg installer? - In order to get it into its own EFI partition?

Back