Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

Hi all, I followed this guide and after install i come back to clover i get the following options

External - same option I had before I installed the OS
Internal_hfs boot filevault prebooter from preboot
Internal_hfs Boot MacOS Prebooter from Preboot
Internal_hfs Boot MacOS from Sierra (the ssd)
Recovery Boot Recovery from Recovery

when selecting boot MacOS from Sierra the installed OS - it just restarts?

Hi all, I followed this guide and after install i come back to clover i get the following options

yes its happrnrf to mr. Its stuffed.

For anyone having this error "macOS High Sierra Public Beta.app does not appear to be a valid OS installer application"

Check to make sure the installer is the full file size (5gb) in your Applications folder. Mine was 19.9mb and took less than a minute each time which is wrong. If you're running a system that is not capable of having High Sierra (Intel Core 2 Duo) but are putting it on something else that is, you will have to download the installer file a different way (other reasons also, but this was mine). There are tools to get it with or without the App Store. Here is the site that I used.

After you get the correct version:

1. Open the dmg file and right click on the Install macOS High Sierra.app and choose "Show Package Contents". Find the file path that shows the createinstallmedia location (/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia). Type in the first part of the command for the usb copy "sudo" into the terminal window, then click on the createinstallmedia file and drag to the terminal window.

2. Type in the middle portion for the USB location. "--volume /Volumes/USB" or just click on the USB icon on the desktop and drag to the terminal window.

3. Locate where the actual Install macOS High Sierra.app location is (open volume dmg for Install macOS High Sierra on the desktop for me). Type the first part of the command for the usb copy "--applicationpath ", then click on the Install macOS High Sierra.app and drag it to the terminal window.

4. Finish typing the rest of the command "--nointeraction"

5. Make sure the syntax for spaces is correct or it won't work properly.

After that everything should be good.

Last edited:

Same as me. Would love to solve this.

0sxaptiofix2drv: Staring overrides for .IABootFiles\boot.efi using reloc block: no,hibernate wake:no Error loading kernel Cache (0xe) Boot faied sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting....

giga-z97-ud3h evea-970gtx i7-4790k

Hi all,

today, i reinstall mac os.

it shows up the macos utilities but when i choose intstall macos then click contiues, nothing happen.

anyone know the reason ?

macOSUtilities-5783e90b5f9b5831b5d21eb2.jpg

Can we follow this guide if we are already in High Sierra and want to do a clean install?

Can we follow this guide if we are already in High Sierra and want to do a clean install?
Yes. Be sure to get the installer name correct as it shouldn't have the word "beta" in it.

Yes. Be sure to get the installer name correct as it shouldn't have the word "beta" in it.
Thanks! I managed to install but when when I have to first boot from the USB, I do not get an option to do that. It only shows installer option from the USB...

UniBeast and MultiBeast are for Sierra and earlier OS X/macOS. There are not yet versions of UniBeast and MultiBeast for High Sierra. Thus, the Post #1 set of procedures to create a High Sierra USB installation thumb drive without UniBeast - the long way.

After creating your High Sierra USB installation thumb drive, copy MultiBeast for Sierra onto the USB installer. Then, after the installation, copy MultiBeast onto your installation drive, and proceed with your post installation as per the Post #1's instructions.

We are working on a version of UniBeast and MultiBeast for High Sierra. However, we're still early in the High Sierra Beta cycle. So, they won't be ready for a while yet.

any news on new unibeast version?
can we use these steps to make a bootable usb WITHOUT Unibeast?

thank you very much

Back