Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

guys i want to share some knowledge with all.

once you install clover and all kexts, try to boot with the default config.plist, i spent like 2 hours trying to boot with the files that are available here to download and there was nothing i could do to make it boot the installer, finally i tried with the default config that clover installer comes with (+kexts) and it worked like a charm.

also i recommend adding the ps2 kexts, for some reason my mouse is usb but it does not work without them. (my bios prob emulates them as ps2 for higher imput priority)

I installed the HS PB on an APFS formatted SSD
Could you please share your EFI? I have same HW as yours but getting kernel panic. Not sure that I understand the reason.

Im trying too

Last edited:
guys i want to share some knowledge with all.

once you install clover and all kexts, try to boot with the default config.plist, i spent like 2 hours trying to boot with the files that are available here to download and there was nothing i could do to make it boot the installer, finally i tried with the default config that clover installer comes with (+kexts) and it worked like a charm.

also i recommend adding the ps2 kexts, for some reason my mouse is usb but it does not work without them. (my bios prob emulates them as ps2 for higher imput priority)
Please upload your efi or config.plist. I had made a USB install High Sierra.
latest cloverv2.4k_r4233 and fakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet-v2.2.0.
I replaced the config with the one provided on fist page. But usb not booting.
EFI problem?

My Machine specs:
Cpu Intel 6700k
Asus Z170i Gaming Pro
Samsung NVMe 960 evo M.2 SSD
Intel 530 graphics

Last edited:
ASUS H170M-E D3 + I3 6100 + INTEL HD 530
I followed the tutorial, copied the sample config.plist and added those Kext (all newest versions available):
- FakeSMC
- IntelGraphicsFixup
- Lilu
- NullCPUPowerManagement
- RealtekTRL8111
- USBInjectAll

When initialising installer it seems to work fine until IOGraphics 0x43 than the screen scrolls very fast and the system reboots....any help what could be the problem?

Attachments

• config.plist
    21 KB · Views: 258
Hi everyone.

I'll try to install High Sierra with my Z170A SLI Plus from MSI... But it dosen't work :'(
My English is not perfect but I try this method for install my hackintosh :x anyone know what kext we need with msi ?

hey are you guys for real ?
unibeast and multibeast require mac os x...
when u try to make a hackintosh from windows...
*facepalm

macOS High Sierra Public Beta.app does not appear to be a valid OS installer application?????

How did you guys solve this?
I have the same error...running Sierra 10.12.6

How did you guys solve this?
I have the same error...running Sierra 10.12.6

Never mind, figured it out. For the benefit of others, the MacOS install was not the full version. I deleted it then SHIFT clicked on the App Store file and the full version downloaded.

Back