Register

How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB

Motherboard
Asus Strix z270F
CPU
Kaby Lake i7 4.2K
Graphics
RX 580 / HD 630
Can we follow this guide if we are already in High Sierra and want to do a clean install?

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can we follow this guide if we are already in High Sierra and want to do a clean install?
Yes. Be sure to get the installer name correct as it shouldn't have the word "beta" in it.

Motherboard
Asus Strix z270F
CPU
Kaby Lake i7 4.2K
Graphics
RX 580 / HD 630
Yes. Be sure to get the installer name correct as it shouldn't have the word "beta" in it.
Thanks! I managed to install but when when I have to first boot from the USB, I do not get an option to do that. It only shows installer option from the USB...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3
CPU
Intel I5 2500K
Graphics
Geforce GTX 670
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS,
UniBeast and MultiBeast are for Sierra and earlier OS X/macOS. There are not yet versions of UniBeast and MultiBeast for High Sierra. Thus, the Post #1 set of procedures to create a High Sierra USB installation thumb drive without UniBeast - the long way.

After creating your High Sierra USB installation thumb drive, copy MultiBeast for Sierra onto the USB installer. Then, after the installation, copy MultiBeast onto your installation drive, and proceed with your post installation as per the Post #1's instructions.

We are working on a version of UniBeast and MultiBeast for High Sierra. However, we're still early in the High Sierra Beta cycle. So, they won't be ready for a while yet.
any news on new unibeast version?
can we use these steps to make a bootable usb WITHOUT Unibeast?

thank you very much

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Working hard to get both Beasts out. Hang in there.

Motherboard
Z170N Gaming 5
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 960
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey guys! I've followed this guide to the letter, and my hackintosh is currently stuck/frozen (aka the progress bar hasn't moved in about 30 minutes) about 4/5ths of the way through the first initial boot, after installing macOS and booting from Clover — beachballed.

After rerunning the above in verbose mode, it's stalling on the line `kextd stall[0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'`.

I can't see many other people in this thread with this specific problem, so I'm wondering how it is best for me to proceed? Specs according to the sidebar. Used the config-sample.plist in the initial post.

Sadly, this was a clean install, so I can't simply go back to 10.12... any thoughts or ideas are welcome!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I followed this guide for building install USB, but have a problem when trying to boot system from created USB. After lots of rows of text I got using verbose mod, as usuall, I get this screen that refreshes every 10 seconds, all the same just the time at start of message changes after 10 seconds. I tried also to change Clover config and put there values I have in current working El Capitan Clover config file I have, but it stops at the same place and I get the same message, just the model isn't iMac but MacBook. Any advice?
I attached clover config file that boots my El Capitan successfully.

My machine is:
DELL Inspiron 3420
Core i5
8GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 620M & Intel HD 4000

The only thing that dodn't work for my on El Capitan with this config.plist file is DELL WiFi card, but I'm using TP-LINK USB successfuly.

IMG_20171020_220628[48390].jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Is it necessary to download Clover from sourceforge? I downloaded it from Clover Configurator

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
I5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
I5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi all,

I followed this guide for building install USB, but have a problem when trying to boot system from created USB. After lots of rows of text I got using verbose mod, as usuall, I get this screen that refreshes every 10 seconds, all the same just the time at start of message changes after 10 seconds. I tried also to change Clover config and put there values I have in current working El Capitan Clover config file I have, but it stops at the same place and I get the same message, just the model isn't iMac but MacBook. Any advice?
I attached clover config file that boots my El Capitan successfully.

My machine is:
DELL Inspiron 3420
Core i5
8GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 620M & Intel HD 4000

The only thing that dodn't work for my on El Capitan with this config.plist file is DELL WiFi card, but I'm using TP-LINK USB successfuly.

View attachment 287312
Start a new support thread in High Sierra Desktop Support

Hey guys! I've followed this guide to the letter, and my hackintosh is currently stuck/frozen (aka the progress bar hasn't moved in about 30 minutes) about 4/5ths of the way through the first initial boot, after installing macOS and booting from Clover — beachballed.

After rerunning the above in verbose mode, it's stalling on the line `kextd stall[0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'`.

I can't see many other people in this thread with this specific problem, so I'm wondering how it is best for me to proceed? Specs according to the sidebar. Used the config-sample.plist in the initial post.

Sadly, this was a clean install, so I can't simply go back to 10.12... any thoughts or ideas are welcome!
Start a new support thread in High Sierra Desktop Support