Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS Catalina Public Beta Installation USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally Catalina work.

1 Install Clover 5070 on USB drive (only for UEFI, install in ESP, OsxAptioFixDrvV3) and replace the config.plist with file in this guide.

2 Start Catalina update from Mojave (clover 4920) the pc will reboot sometimes, at first boot, after installation Catalina will freeze at startup on black screen after apple logo.

3 Shut down manually during the freeze.

4 Boot from USB and select in clover boot options "boot Catalina from YOUR HD"

5 (make backup to your EFI partition) Mount EFI partition and replace BOOT and CLOVER folders with folders from USB but use old config.plist and put your kext in EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/OTHER

6 I needed to fix audio with latest version of AppleALC and Lilu and found my layout number (11 for me) for ALC1150 (my motherboard chip)

I hope this solution will work for someone with the same hardware.

Ciao

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 20.48.45.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-12 at 20.48.45.png
    219.1 KB · Views: 246
Finally Catalina work.

1 Install Clover 5070 on USB drive (only for UEFI, install in ESP, OsxAptioFixDrvV3) and replace the config.plist with file in this guide.

2 Start Catalina update from Mojave (clover 4920) the pc will reboot sometimes, at first boot, after installation Catalina will freeze at startup on black screen after apple logo.

3 Shut down manually during the freeze.

4 Boot from USB and select in clover boot options "boot Catalina from YOUR HD"

5 (make backup to your EFI partition) Mount EFI partition and replace BOOT and CLOVER folders with folders from USB but use old config.plist and put your kext in EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/OTHER

6 I needed to fix audio with latest version of AppleALC and Lilu and found my layout number (11 for me) for ALC1150 (my motherboard chip)

I hope this solution will work for someone with the same hardware.

Ciao

Update the 6 point:

For fix the audio (with AppleALC and Lilu in EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/OTHER the startup is not slow, but also not fast and the system can't remember the default output device, every time at startup the flag is on headphones also if in last session u've selected the internal speakers)

Open Terminal and go in the folder where you have the kexts, (in the example I will use the Desktop) and type:

cd Desktop

sudo cp -R Lilu.kext /Library/Extensions

sudo cp -R AppleALC.kext /Library/Extensions

sudo touch /Library/Extensions

and reboot. Now the audio work fine the boot is faster and the system remember ur default output device.

Ciao

Last edited:
Update the 6 point:

For fix the audio (with AppleALC and Lilu in EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/OTHER the startup is not slow, but also not fast and the system can't remember the default output device, every time at startup the flag is on headphones also if in last session u've selected the internal speakers)

Open Terminal and go in the folder where you have the kexts, (in the example I will use the Desktop) and type:

cd Desktop

sudo cp -R Lilu.kext /Library/Extensions

sudo cp -R AppleALC.kext /Library/Extensions

sudo touch /Library/Extensions

and reboot. Now the audio work fine the boot is faster and the system remember ur default output device.

Ciao
I tried to, but doesn't works for me. still no internal audio , just HDMI GPU.

Hello,

I created the Catalina installer according to the instructions and the latest version of the clover. But, when starting, it does not recognize me the entry of the installer in the USB. Does anyone know anything?

Hello,

I created the Catalina installer according to the instructions and the latest version of the clover. But, when starting, it does not recognize me the entry of the installer in the USB. Does anyone know anything?
Reinstall Clover again to a USB installer. Then put FakeSMC.kext to .../kext/other/

Same problem. Rebuilding cache or updating kexts let me have a non-booting system :(

Do you have the same audio chip? mine is ALC1150 what's your motherboard?

Same problem. Rebuilding cache or updating kexts let me have a non-booting system :(
what do u mean? after kext update the system can't start boot?

what do u mean? after kext update the system can't start boot?
Yes. After Applealc and Lilu update (tried both KextBeast and manual copy of files) I rebooted , arrived to clover partition selector and choosed hd.
progress bar started, but before Purple Lines, the system reboots.
tryed -disablegfxfirmware and slide=0, two usb keys, but I cannot boot and more

it si very strange

Yes. After Applealc and Lilu update (tried both KextBeast and manual copy of files) I rebooted , arrived to clover partition selector and choosed hd.
progress bar started, but before Purple Lines, the system reboots.
tryed -disablegfxfirmware and slide=0, two usb keys, but I cannot boot and more

it si very strange

if before add those kexts the system worked now you have to mount the disk from another mac/hackintosh, navigate the folders and delete the added kexts. (terminal with sudo rm -rf)

in Catalina the command kextcache -i or -u don't work. Use only sudo touch /Library/Extensions

do not use the manual copy from finder in the folder /Library/Extensions, the copy will have wrong permissions, use terminal with: sudo cp -R your.kext /Library/Extensions

AppleALC 1.4.2 and Lilu 1.3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back