Contribute
Register

How to Create a macOS Catalina Public Beta Installation USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have downloaded the latest final version 10/7 Catalina from the App Store and I would like to perform clean install does anybody knows the sudo command To create a macOS Catalina installation USB not the beta but the final version for clean install? Thanks

i was experimenting the same issue.

At my second attempt it was actually seems to be going as expected as I kept booting from USB (the first time the system was actually rebooting from System SSD installed clover) but when finally rebooted after the progress bar went to 100%.. I had 2 partitions to choose from " Catalina" and "Catalina-Data". And whichever I choose I get back to that stuck 12 minutes left progress bar.
Did you get the same?

Great man!
Could you please create Unibeast for Catalina!
Thank you!
It's in work. Typically, the first macOS release is different from the betas. So, UniBeast comes out about a week after the full release.

I installed it from software and update app but now stuck at this point

Attachments

• C4B7CE73-C985-4A05-99FB-E512CA7246A7.jpeg
    C4B7CE73-C985-4A05-99FB-E512CA7246A7.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 146
Shutdown manually and start your OS working. Add slide=0 to your USB stick , add fakesmc, Lilu, whatevergreen, AppleALC updated, then go again ti see if installation don't stuck.
If you have VirtualSMC block it.

Shutdown manually and start your OS working. Add slide=0 to your USB stick , add fakesmc, Lilu, whatevergreen, AppleALC updated, then go again ti see if installation don't stuck.
If you have VirtualSMC block it.
I’ve tried that still no respond at this point takes forever

I’ve tried that still no respond at this point takes forever
same here..
rebooting after the progress bar got to o shows a install fro Catalina-Data.. and when choosing that I get again to a 12 minutes remaining time stuck progress bar..

hello, and unlimited thanks for the excellent work of tonymacx86.com

I have this problem to make the bootable USB:

I followed the guide and tried the procedure with my hackintosh (latest version of Mojave). My USB after the terminal command finish without EFI partition

I've tried some other USB pen (USB 2.0). When finally I have the EFI partition, I've tried to install the latest Clover version (stable 5070) on the USB. But Clover install the EFI folder and boot file out EFI partition!! I found those files near Catalina.app..

I've tried to copy the EFI folder to EFI partition. I've replaced config.plist in EFI/Clover with the config.plist below this guide and put the FakeSMC.kext in EFI/Clover/Kext/Other. But at the boot the Clover don't see the Catalina installer.

I've tried also with the same version of Clover of latest UniBeast version (4920) and with 2 USB pen (one for Clover and other for Catalina.app). I can start and finish the installation. But at the first boot of Catalina, the configuration page remain freeze with grey background and mouse cursor.

The first time after Catalina official release I've tried to upgrade directly from Mojave (I could not resist), and incredible thing I've finished the installation without audio working and with very very slow boot, about 3/5 minutes. For this I want to try a new clean installation. But I haven't lucky, and I search help here.

Sorry for my English and regards!

Thanks for all

GA-Z97-HD3
i7-4790k
GTX 780 Ti

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back