Motherboard
ASUS Prime H370-A
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX-570
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hope Tony can use Clover as an installer for everyone as soon as possible.
Is it okay to post the following? If it's not good, please erase it.

If you've had a hard time putting in Big Sur right now and don't want to erase it again and do this test, you can back it up.

You may be in trouble because you can't use the carbon copy cloner, but you can move it to another HDD (even NAS) using a USB stick called Clonezilla.

Originally it was made for Linux.

So it doesn't recognize Apfs, but in that case it backs up the partition as raw data. (Of course, restore)

Do you think it will take time because it is just a copy because it is treated as raw data?

The answer is no, it compresses the raw data properly and backs it up, so if you use less space, it will back up with less space.

It's not too difficult to use. You can find out how to use it on google.

(I'll write it separately so that Tony can easily erase my overstatement.)

Last edited:
The closest thing to creating a successful Clover EFI is to use Clover's "config.plist and Kexts", which now runs Big Sur.

And, just in case, I put vsmcgen = 1 in Boot Augs and tried it. (Imitation of that person famous for the Big Sur installer on OpenCore)

I will attach a reference EFI.(Clover r 5123-build743b036)
I think SMBIOS has changed to the recreated value so that it doesn't cause any problems.
But to use it in your environment, match the SMBIOS to your CPU and the USBmap in Kext-other to my motherboard, so match it to yours.
I want you to use it as a reference as above.

Attachments

• EFI2010110422.zip
    20.2 MB · Views: 974
Last edited:
I will introduce the operation after booting with the USB installation stick.(The following may differ depending on the version. Confirmation with the latest version.)
1. Select ”Boot mac OS Install mac OS Big Sur Beta”
Use Disk Utility to erase the SSD you want to install. (Here, the name is BigSurBeta as an example.)
Select the installer as usual, select the SSD above and start the installation.
It will reboot automatically.
2. Select ”Boot mas OS Install from BigSurBeta”.
3. Select ”Boot mac OS X Install from BigSurBeta-Data via Preboot”.
4. Select ”Boot mac OS from BigSurBeta-Data via Preboot.”
(This choice seems a strange, but I couldn't boot without choosing it once. If you're trying it out in the future, please let me know if you have any suggestions.)
5. ”Boot mac OS from BigSurBeta”
It can be started with a normal Clover that is not a USB stick.
Sometimes it looks like it's stopped, but please wait for a while.

good luck!

Last edited:
I will introduce the operation after booting with the USB installation stick.(The following may differ depending on the version. Confirmation with the latest version.)
1. Select ”Boot mac OS Install mac OS Big Sur Beta”
Use Disk Utility to erase the SSD you want to install. (Here, the name is BigSurBeta as an example.)
Select the installer as usual, select the SSD above and start the installation.
2. Select ”Boot mas OS Install from BigSurBeta”.
3. Select ”Boot mac OS X Install from BigSurBeta-Data via Preboot”.
4. Select ”Boot mac OS from BigSurBeta-Data via Preboot.”
(This choice seems a strange, but I couldn't boot without choosing it once. If you're trying it out in the future, please let me know if you have any suggestions.)
5. ”Boot mac OS from BigSurBeta”
It can be started with a normal Clover that is not a USB stick.
Sometimes it looks like it's stopped, but please wait for a while.

good luck!
Do you think that you efi could work with an asus z370- f i7 8700k? my SMBios is 19,2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back