Contribute
Register

How to Create a full backup of Sierra USB installer for next usages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, why don't you simply put aside a working USB stick with which you had successfully installed Sierra? On the EFI partition you can put your current working and well configured config.plist and all the DSDT and SSDT... and all the kext you need in CLOVER - KEXT - OTHER folder.
For you working Sierra Backup you can use an external disk and take a backup with Time Machine.
So in case, you'll have a working USB Installation stick and all the data backed up by Time Machine.

Thanks to @stalvatero, what he mentioned above is a nice trick.

But I found a great software called Acronis True Image. Check the screenshot out.

Attachments

• S.jpg
    S.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 84
Thanks to @stalvatero, what he mentioned above is a nice trick.

But I found a great software called Acronis True Image. Check the screenshot out.

Yes, I know it, but it's not free, and IMHO for the purpose is excessive.

Yes, I know it, but it's not free, and IMHO for the purpose is excessive.
Hi,
I have an hp laptop very similiar to yours. i'm trying to clean install sierra but it gives me error: hid legacy shim 2 still waiting for root device. can you kindly send me your customized files used for installation? maybe efi partition? because i think whatever has worked for you, will work for me too. also i have the modded bios from donovan6000.

thanks in advance.

Hi,
I have an hp laptop very similiar to yours. i'm trying to clean install sierra but it gives me error: hid legacy shim 2 still waiting for root device. can you kindly send me your customized files used for installation? maybe efi partition? because i think whatever has worked for you, will work for me too. also i have the modded bios from donovan6000.

thanks in advance.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back