Contribute
Register

How to control the audio natively in my Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 8300 SFF
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Hi.
I just installed mac OS High Sierra 10.13.15 on my Hp 8300 SFF version (i7_3770 - 16 Gb Ram - Nvidia GTX 1050 ti Lp - SSD 480 Gb)
Use a Full HD monitor with included speakers, which I connect to the computer with HDMI.
Install the Nvidia Grafica kexts, and more, everything works, the problem is that it does not let me control the volume of the system natively, I also install the latest version of VooDooHDA but although it appears installed in the settings, when I move the volume button does not change anything. Then I have to control the volume with the own volume controller of each App, type iTunes, Youtube .., the problem is when it does not have its own volume controller the App in question, which makes it very annoying.
I would like to know if there is any way for the native MAC OS volume controller to work with my built-in speaker on the screen or how to fix VooDooHDA to make it work.
A greeting.

the problem is that it does not let me control the volume of the system natively
As designed. A digital data stream has no volume attributes. macOS simply passes the binary data to the appropriate connector. The device converting the digital data stream to sound has the volume control, i.e., receiver, TV, sound bar, monitor, etc.

As designed. A digital data stream has no volume attributes. macOS simply passes the binary data to the appropriate connector. The device converting the digital data stream to sound has the volume control, i.e., receiver, TV, sound bar, monitor, etc.
Hi, I understand what you tell me.
My solution was either to control the volume with the buttons that come on my monitor, although it is somewhat uncomfortable, or to control it using the app called DDC panel, the problem is that when I use it through DDC it usually gives many bugs when I lower or raise the volume

Nice, that app worked perfectly for me. Thank you for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back