Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo M83 SFF
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
HD4600
Hi All,

On my main machine I have Windows 10 installed on a Samsung EVO SSD & High Sierra installed on a 2nd Western Digital Drive. I no longer need the Mac OS as I built a dedicated Hackintosh running Catalina so I would like to remove the High Sierra partition from my WD drive as well as Clover so my PC just boots permanently into Windows 10.

Do I do this by simply booting into High Sierra, mounting the EFI partition and then deleting all the contents? or can I just delete the partitions straight from Windows? I want to make sure before I do this I will be able to boot into Windows.

Thanks in advance for any help

To completely wipe the Mac OS HDD you can use diskpart to clean and reformat the drive.See
Thanks for the reply,

So basically I do not even need to boot into High Sierra, I can just use a utility such as diskpart to delete the EFI & High Sierra partitions? I actually use Mini Tool Partition Wizard.

And doing this will not stop my Windows partition on the separate SSD from booting?

Thanks for the reply,

So basically I do not even need to boot into High Sierra, I can just use a utility such as diskpart to delete the EFI & High Sierra partitions? I actually use Mini Tool Partition Wizard.

And doing this will not stop my Windows partition on the separate SSD from booting?
So long as you do not choose the wrong drive in diskpart it will make no difference to the Win10 drive. In fact, if you try to select the Win10 drive you are booted from it will not allow you to wipe it.

So long as you do not choose the wrong drive in diskpart it will make no difference to the Win10 drive. In fact, if you try to select the Win10 drive you are booted from it will not allow you to wipe it.

Perfect Thank you,

I seem to remember that when I initially installed High Sierra I actually unplugged the SSD with Windows 10 and once I had High Sierra up & running then I re connected the Windows drive so I thought all of the Clover files were on the EFI partition on the 2nd drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back