CPU
Intel Core i3 6100
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 950
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello, sorry for my title.

What I really want to know is, how to create and how to compile the code of chimera?.

I want to know, how to create the. pkg file?

I have problems to compile the latest Chimera 1.11.1 with Mountain Lion and XCode 4.4.1. Any hints? (I need to compile it cause i need hibernate107v1.patch for proper wake-from-disk)

[MKDIR] /Users/ds/SOURCE/Chimera/Release/sym
[MKDIR] /Users/ds/SOURCE/Chimera/Release/obj
[MAKE] config
================= make config for i386 =================
================= make rebuild_config for config =================
[MKDIR] /Users/ds/SOURCE/Chimera/Release/obj/i386/config
[MKDIR] /Users/ds/SOURCE/Chimera/Release/sym/i386
[CC32] cconfig.c
make[3]: md: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [/Users/ds/SOURCE/Chimera/Release/obj/i386/config/cconfig.o32] Error 1
make[2]: *** [rebuild_config] Error 2
make[1]: *** [rebuild_config] Error 2

I'm in a similar position. I got the latest source from the Release branch (rev 2050). When I tried to compile it on Mountain Lion with Xcode 4.4.1 (4F1003) I ran into the same problem as ApexDE; the "md" command that the make process wants doesn't seem to be included with Xcode anymore.

I did get a step further by installing md using Homebrew (http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/) but now the make process fails during the build of libsa:

Code:
================= make all for libsa =================
	[MKDIR] /Users/XXXXX/Workspace/Chameleon/Chimera/obj/i386/libsa
	[CC] prf.c
clang: error: argument unused during compilation: '-mpreferred-stack-boundary=2'
clang: error: argument unused during compilation: '-fno-align-functions'
clang: error: argument unused during compilation: '-mfpmath=sse'
make[2]: *** [/Users/XXXXX/Workspace/Chameleon/Chimera/obj/i386/libsa/prf.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

My (temporary) solution was to copy the code onto a Snow Leopard machine and build it with Xcode 4.2, which went without a problem.

In the hope that Macman or Tony are reading this: what are you guys using to build Chimera? Do we misunderstand something or does Chimera really not build on ML with Xcode 4.4 yet? Apologies if this is a stupid question and I missed a README somewhere.

I've kept using Xcode 4.2.1 due to the way Apple messed up Xcode starting with 4.3. I detest them hiding everything within the Xcode application. Also by not having a Developer directory anymore it broke making any of the Apple Open Source software.

Right now I am planning on staying with Xcode 4.2.1 until it no longer works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back