Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> How to choose your "iMac" and version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170-A PRO-U3E1
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
In the section "Customize" and "System Definitions", how to choose are "iMac" and its version ?
Please thank you in advance.

Here are the details of the PC:
Processor: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz Skylake Technology 14nm
RAM: 16.0 GB Channel-Double Unknown @ 1066 MHz (15-15-15-35)
Motherboard: MSI Z170-A PRO (MS-7971) (U3E1)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530 (MSI)
Optical Disks: ATAPI iHAS124 F
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio
Network: REALTEK PCIe GBE Family Contoller

Hello,
In the section "Customize" and "System Definitions", how to choose are "iMac" and its version ?

Here are the details of the PC:
Processor: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz Skylake Technology 14nm
RAM: 16.0 GB Channel-Double Unknown @ 1066 MHz (15-15-15-35)
Motherboard: MSI Z170-A PRO (MS-7971) (U3E1)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530 (MSI)
Optical Disks: ATAPI iHAS124 F
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio
Network: REALTEK PCIe GBE Family Contoller
iMac 14, 2 will be a 'safe' option to choose as the SMBIOS_ Mac Model based on your CPU and MoBo.
This choice is not an 'exact science' . It is based on many trials and errors by hackintoshers on each Intel MoBO series and its supported CPUs

Hello,
Thank you very much for this answer.
Good night.

Hello,
I originally installed this one: iMac 19.2 how can we remove this version before installing version 14.2?

Hello,
I originally installed this one: iMac 19.2 how can we remove this version before installing version 14.2?

I originally installed this one: iMac 19.2
  • Your question is not very clear to me because you have not provided any background information about where you had originally installed iMac, 19.2
  • Assuming you meant it is on a macOSMojave USB installer's EFI/CLOVER/config.plist/SMBIOS, I would suggest you to do the following:

• Since the EFI Partition where you have the EFI_CLOVER FileTree is, hidden , first you need to unhide the hidden EFI Partition using Clover Configurator Global (CCG) and then 'mount' it on the Desktop .
  • Using your mouse, click open EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist [See Image of EFI Mounting ]
  • Right- click config.plist> open with :CCG and click the SECTION -SMBIOS on the LEFT Panel of CCG [See image]
  • Locate and delete the iMac, 19.2 and type in iMac, 14.2 and
  • Toward the bottom of Left Panel of CCG Window, click Arrow icon to get the Save option to save the edited config.

• Assuming it is about an already installed System, the System SSD/HDD has a hidden EFI and you do the same steps as above but mount the EFI Partition of the System Disk instead.
For illustrated steps check bullets-> #4

Attachments

• 1.Finder_Prerences.png
    1.Finder_Prerences.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 2.EFI Mounting USB Installer .png
    2.EFI Mounting USB Installer .png
    352.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 3.SMBIOS Model selection.png
    3.SMBIOS Model selection.png
    247.8 KB · Views: 55
Hello,
The location and good EFI.
For Clover, which one do I have to download ? This one: Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4961 ?
Thank you for this info.
Good night.

Last edited:
Hello,
The location and good EFI.
For Clover, which one do I have to download ? This one: Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4961 ?
Thank you for this info.
Good night.
  • Your chosen Clover EFI Bootloader r4961 should work OK for Mojave.
  • But I am using Clover_v2.5k_r5027 for both Mojave and Catalina Beta 7 Public Release

Thank you for the info !

Hello,
I installed the application "Clover" (Clover EFI Bootloader r4961) but I see no icon "Clover" in the folder "Applications"?
Can you help me please thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back