Contribute
Register

How to check if the sleeping state is working on capitan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 L322x
CPU
i5 3517U
Graphics
Intel HD4000 resolution 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello friends, what would be the steps to follow to verify that my laptop does not have sleep problems?
Attach some of my files. Thank you very much for your help

Attachments

• SLEEP.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 108
  • SLEEP.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 96
Hello friends, what would be the steps to follow to verify that my laptop does not have sleep problems?
Attach some of my files. Thank you very much for your help

Test sleep/wake. Observe any problems and fix.

Note: Your ACPI configuration looks messy (strange mix between static patch and hotpatch). And no ACPI/origin files to compare ACPI/patched with. And crazy stuff in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

Test sleep/wake. Observe any problems and fix.

Note: Your ACPI configuration looks messy (strange mix between static patch and hotpatch). And no ACPI/origin files to compare ACPI/patched with. And crazy stuff in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.
The ssdt that I extracted with clover put the ACPI / Patch because I applied the patch GFX0 to IGPU

EDIT: Do you recommend me to pass the ssdt that I extracted with clover to the folder to ACPI /origen?

The ssdt that I extracted with clover put the ACPI / Patch because I applied the patch GFX0 to IGPU

It is best to do such renames with config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

EDIT: Do you recommend me to pass the ssdt that I extracted with clover to the folder to ACPI /origen?

No idea what you mean by "pass the ssdt"...

It is best to do such renames with config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

No idea what you mean by "pass the ssdt"...
sorry for my English

What I meant is: would it be correct that the ssdt extracted with clover should go in the 'ACPI / Source' folder?

Last edited:
sorry for my English

What I meant is: would it be correct that the ssdt extracted with clover should go in the 'ACPI / Source' folder?

No idea what you mean by "the ssdt extracted with clover".
No such thing as ACPI/Source.

No idea what you mean by "the ssdt extracted with clover".
No such thing as ACPI/Source.
I Should put the extracted ssdt tables with F4 clover 'ACPI / Origin'?

Read ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Best practices are to do all renames in config.plist, and only patched DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched (w/ DropOem=false).
But that depends on using a correct setup with appropriate renames:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
I have a ssdt with the error shown in the image
Read ACPI patching guide:

Best practices are to do all renames in config.plist, and only patched DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched (w/ DropOem=false).
But that depends on using a correct setup with appropriate renames:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
I have a ssdt with the error shown in the image.

If I apply a patch to my static ssdt with Macials, where should I place it after correcting the error?

According to the guide all static ssdt tables should be placed in "ACPI / Origin". But when static tables are modified where they are placed?

If I use the key "DropOem = true", what would happen to the ssdt statics tables found in "ACPI / Origin"?

And if I use the key "DropOem = false", what would happen to the ssdt hotpach tables found in "ACPI / Patched"?

They are silly questions but I did not have any leader in the guide, please help me understand.

I have 4 static tables obtained with clover F4, but one of the tables named "ssdt-1.aml" has an error, that is why I ask you, where should that table go after correcting the error? In "ACPI / Origin" or "ACPI / Patched"?

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2017-05-25 a la(s) 8.56.12 p.m..jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2017-05-25 a la(s) 8.56.12 p.m..jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 125
I have a ssdt with the error shown in the image

I have a ssdt with the error shown in the image.

You did not upload the file.
Impossible to diagnose an error only from the error message (it is why error messages have code line numbers).
But you should probably not be patching SSDTs anyway.
Read my last post.

If I apply a patch to my static ssdt with Macials, where should I place it after correcting the error?

Patched ACPI content goes to ACPI/patched.

According to the guide all static ssdt tables should be placed in "ACPI / Origin". But when static tables are modified where they are placed?

Clover extracts native ACPI content to ACPI/origin when you press F4.

If I use the key "DropOem = true", what would happen to the ssdt statics tables found in "ACPI / Origin"?

As per ACPI patching guide, DropOem=true must be used if you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.
The suggested method is no patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched and DropOem=false.

And if I use the key "DropOem = false", what would happen to the ssdt hotpach tables found in "ACPI / Patched"?

Hotpatch is an advanced technique.
I would recommend you go easy until you understand more.
The hotpatch guide is linked from the ACPI patching guide.
But hotpatch does make use of add-on SSDTs (as do many of my guides). Add-on SSDTs go to ACPI/patched, but DropOem remains false (DropOem only has to do with the state of OEM SSDTs, not add-on SSDTs).

I have 4 static tables obtained with clover F4, but one of the tables named "ssdt-1.aml" has an error, that is why I ask you, where should that table go after correcting the error? In "ACPI / Origin" or "ACPI / Patched"?

Errors are common, but there are fixes for most errors in my patch repo.

--

My suggestion...
Start here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The plist files there have most common renames needed, which eliminates the need to patch SSDTs.
Then you can patch DSDT only as per guide:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back