Contribute
Register

How To Change Gigabyte UEFI Boot Logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know how to change the Dual UEFI boot logo screen with gigabyte UEFI? Face wizard seems to only work on the old BIOS

You should probably check with Gigabyte.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the boot logo screens either. I disabled mine and changed the chameleon boot loader to quiet mode. After hitting the power button, I see the Award logo for a split second in the upper left corner, then the grey apple screen.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the boot logo screens either. I disabled mine and changed the chameleon boot loader to quiet mode. After hitting the power button, I see the Award logo for a split second in the upper left corner, then the grey apple screen.

How did you accomplish this? I've been curious about it myself, I have a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 and I was gonna try using Face Wizard, but I'm not sure if that will work...

First I updated my bios to UEFI. For my board, that hid all the drive detections and boot info you normally see at boot. Next, I disable the gigabyte boot screen in the bios. Since I'm not dual booting, I used chameleon wizard and changed the bootloader to quiet mode, or you can add <key>Quiet Boot</key <string>Yes</string> to your boot.plist file. With my SSD drive, it's super fast and from power button to ML login screen is probably 15 seconds.

First I updated my bios to UEFI. For my board, that hid all the drive detections and boot info you normally see at boot. Next, I disable the gigabyte boot screen in the bios. Since I'm not dual booting, I used chameleon wizard and changed the bootloader to quiet mode, or you can add <key>Quiet Boot</key <string>Yes</string> to your boot.plist file. With my SSD drive, it's super fast and from power button to ML login screen is probably 15 seconds.

Ahh, I see. I've already made mine quick boot in the .plist, where in your bios did you disable the boot screen?

I'm also having problems updating my bios. It's got Hybrid EFI, but how do I update it to UEFI? The file I download from gigabyte.com has some ID problem...

Does anybody know how to change the Dual UEFI boot logo screen with gigabyte UEFI? Face wizard seems to only work on the old BIOS

It is not difficult you need the latest beta of Face Wizard (B12.0705.01) found here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyt...system-info-benchmarking-stability-tools.html (Its under Gigabyte Utilities)

Also the .bmp image is now 800x600, so the image from the award bios will have a black frame around it as it is 640x480. i have yet to try an image at 800x600 but the old one at 640x480 worked so a different resolution should work but its late were i am so ill try it tomorrow. (if i can find an image similar to the apple boot image please share it, i am not that big into photoshop)

Hope this helps :)

It is not difficult you need the latest beta of Face Wizard (B12.0705.01) found here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyt...system-info-benchmarking-stability-tools.html (Its under Gigabyte Utilities)

Also the .bmp image is now 800x600, so the image from the award bios will have a black frame around it as it is 640x480. i have yet to try an image at 800x600 but the old one at 640x480 worked so a different resolution should work but its late were i am so ill try it tomorrow. (if i can find an image similar to the apple boot image please share it, i am not that big into photoshop)

Hope this helps :)

Thanks! I'll try that out.

::EDIT::
So I tried a 800x600 image but that also gave me the black boarder you described with the 640x480. Not sure how to get rid of the boarder

::EDIT 2::
Used the 640x480 image from the "http://www.tonymacx86.com/customization/16148-booting-like-apple-mac-1-apple-splash-screen.html" thread and it works perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back