Contribute
Register

How to change comma to dot on numeric keyboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

Does anybody know how to replace the comma for a dot on la ogitech numeric keyboard?

Thanks!

There isn't a comma on a Logitech numeric keyboard, bluetooth or wireless model.

Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 17.39.48.png Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 17.40.47.png

Are you asking about adding the comma separator in large numbers, i.e. 1,000.00 etc.

If so that is down to how you have the data you are entering formatted. Most word processing and all spreadsheet packages allow you to set or change the format of the data to automatically include the comma separator. This is why the numeric keypads don't have the comma as an option.

Well, thanks
There isn't a comma on a Logitech numeric keyboard, bluetooth or wireless model.

View attachment 523511 View attachment 523512

Are you asking about adding the comma separator in large numbers, i.e. 1,000.00 etc.

If so that is down to how you have the data you are entering formatted. Most word processing and all spreadsheet packages allow you to set or change the format of the data to automatically include the comma separator. This is why the numeric keypads don't have the comma as an option.
Yes, kind of.

Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly.

See, I have my logitech keyboard. If I press the "del ." key on the numeric keypad, I get a comma "," on the screen, and sometimes when you are typing ip addresses, you get them separated by commas and not by dots.

So, what I want to do is to get a "dot" when I hit the "dot" key and not to get the comma, when I hit the "dot" key in the numeric keyboard.

I hope I've explained myself better.

You need to look at which keyboard layout is being applied for your Logitech keyboard. If you are using a custom layout, the customisation may have purposely included the full stop being swapped for a comma.

Navigate to the System Preferences > Keyboard pane, check which layout is being used and change it to match your actual keyboard layout, i.e. country and QWERTY or whichever layout you need.

Well no, I have done that and it does not change a thing.

I have chosen all of those options unsuccessfully.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 5.58.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 5.58.15 PM.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 234
That's not what I meant.

You need to navigate to System Preferences > Keyboard > Input sources:

Screenshot 2021-07-07 at 10.27.10.png select the '+' sign below the window with the British-PC entry.

This will bring up another window.

Screenshot 2021-07-07 at 10.27.24.png
From which you can select (add and remove) different language and format keyboard layouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back